• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ballpark price range

superbug

Hi folks, I'm looking to get one of these fine machines for my farm because I'm tired of the gas truck I have never wanting to start when it sits for very long due to the carb going dry. Finding a parts pipeline unit to convert a regular one in the future is the goal but as I have found out reading on this site they are rare beasts. I'm pretty good at building things out of steel so I may just mod one from scratch.
I know we can't talk about specific auctions but can you give me a ballpark range of what the better than average M35A2's bring at the GL auctions.
I saw the pictures of some really nice ones some members got at Wright Patterson but no mention what they paid. Just trying to be prepared for when I find one and want to pull the trigger on it. Great site! Already been reading up on these trucks and they are an amazing machine. When I finally get mine that will be my avatar.

Thanks

flyxpl

Easy way to find out is bid on them when they first open, then you can go back after they close and see what they went for . Sometimes they may go for 1100 sometimes $4000. Shipping is getting pricey , so look for one close to home .

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're about two years late if you are looking for M35A2's, they were all sold out of the system then. Sure, there are onsies and twoozies in scattered locations, but the main thing left in inventory is M35A3's, and there never were many of them. If you are looking for a multifuel, your best bet is a private seller or one of the many dealers.:smile:

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL deuces are getting pricey because theyre all about gone there but you can find a good deal on one from a dealer or in private hands. Good luck on your search. :driver:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If I were going to buy a deuce now I would not pay more than 3500 for one with a hard top and heater...if you want a winch add a thousand bucks to that.

For that money you can now buy a M915 or M900 series cargo truck....the days of the 1000 dollar deuce from GL are over.

They seem to sell for a lot more out in your neck of the woods......I would look for a local seller so you can preview and drive the truck before you buy.

superbug

Thanks for the replies. This is good info so I know what to expect when bidding on one of the few left. I don't care for the M35A3's since it has the auto and they are pricey to repair. I'll look and see what an M915 is.

Ridgerunner

I'm tired of the gas truck I have never wanting to start when it sits for very long due to the carb going dry.
Just a suggestion, Why don't you install an electric fuel pump, to said carbureted truck?

That way when you try to start it, when it has been sitting for a long period of time (dry/empty carb fuel bowl) you don't have to crank and crank the engine over, for the mechanical fuel pump to pull fuel out of the tank and pump it up to the carburetor before it will fire with life. With an electric fuel pump, you would be good to go almost instantly in this case.

I can read between the lines though......any excuse for an MV is a good one. You don't have to try to justify one here though, we're all addicts :cookoo:

ABN173

Also try GSA (gsaauctions.gov) State and local property is auctioned there. I just bought a '71 M35A2 for $3,205 that a fire department had. Preview the item if possible some of the trucks on GSA are not as well maintained, mine looked good though.......despite being red.

-Dale