• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Banks turbo bulk buy

Brett09

I was looking into the banks turbo for my m1008 and really like the kit, just not the price. I was wondering if any of you wanted to get together and try and make a bulk buy. I contacted Frank a sales rep from banks, a rep I've talked to in the past, and told him I knew a group of people that might be interested in coming together for a big order. I also made it clear I wasn't interested in trying to get a bunch of people to send me cash and that each person would take care of his own kit plus w/e shipping costs. If you're interested in doing something like this send me your name and a number so I can get a list/number of people that are willing to pick one of these kits up for the right price. One last thing a sales rep from banks may not have the best deal. I'll be contacting some of the larger auto suppliers to look for the best deal. It's just easier to wheel and deal when I can say I have x number of people wanting this, what can you do for me......Sorry about the wall of text me son is waking up and I wanted to post this real fast before we took off.

Brett09

Well I didn't have to go after all, so I able to make a few calls. Auto anything was will to give us 15% off of their price of $2200 shipped putting it in the $1900 range. That's about $800 of the MSRP and a good start. If we can get around 10 of us I think I might be able to squeeze another 5% out of them. I'll keep hitting the e-net pavement to get some more numbers.

Stonepicker1

I was able to get a Banks Sidewinder kit from Autoanything back in March for $1995 shipped because they matched another web site price. ( took 32 days before it showed up at the door )

Thinking of getting another kit, so let me know.

bigflew

in case it helps. I fuond this a couple of weeks ago on www.summitracing.com part#GBE-21002 for 1732.99 thats where I would get mine.
while on the topic does anyone know if this kit would make the truck louder? it seems the civy 6.5 turbos are quite loud.

dstang97

just remember that if you do not buy from banks they do not want to know anything unless you bought it from them. I had a couple of problems with my kit not fitting right. Called them up and free parts were shipped to my door. Don't expect that from any other place. I bought mine on black friday sale 2100 shipped to my door for the whole sidewinder kit.

linx310

just remember that if you do not buy from banks they do not want to know anything unless you bought it from them. I had a couple of problems with my kit not fitting right. Called them up and free parts were shipped to my door. Don't expect that from any other place. I bought mine on black friday sale 2100 shipped to my door for the whole sidewinder kit.
Yeap...I bought a kit second hand that is missing some key parts and they wont even respond to my replacement part request.