• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Barnhart M911

M1075

Last night I spotted a M911 southbound on I-35. It was painted as a work truck and said Barnhart on the door. After I quick search on the internet, I found this video showing 2 M911s in use:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0D4TR-7LMs[/media]

deuceman51

LOL, that is the most insane load i've ever seen!!!!! I've worked on windtowers and they use some larger rigs for the base sections, but that is something else. How would you like to have to cage all those brakes in an emergency, lol. I'm also guessing that is slightly more than the $2/mi i'm used to paying for trucking.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bigger than I've seen. They have hauled 3-400,000lbs loads into work before, but they have one pull truck, a pusher engine, and over 100 wheels. That thing is a monster.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some guys get to play with ALL of the cool toys! Now I know what i want to do, IF I grow up!

I like that.... "IF I grown up".

I've got the "Peter Pan Syndrone"... I REFUSE TO GROW UP !

Q:
Do you know why adults so often ask kids, "What do you want to do when you grow up?"....
A:
They are looking for GOOD IDEAS :cookoo: :idea: aua :doh: :confused: :jumpin: [thumbzup]

steelypip

The huge steel slabs on the tractors just to give them traction gives some idea what they're up against. Note that they threw some compressors and lighting trailers on the forward tractor just to bump the tractor's weight up. Then there's the tire count. I keep trying to guesstimate the weight of that load and I just can't get anywhere. Heck the empty weight of that trailer thing is probably more than several loaded rail cars...

Something tells me that they don't start or stop very quickly, and that they probably do whatever they do at less than 30 MPH.

jh1990

i get spend my days as an army HET mechanic (M1070/M100 heavy equipment transporter), my trucks are the replacement for those M911's but let me tell you, the M911's where the chit, i was in ft Knox back in july for a training exercise and had the pleasure of driving a few bobtailed M1070's on roadtest's thru the hills of ft knox. bobtailed the rigs dont do too bad but throw a fully loaded M1 and M1000 behind it and that detroit just starts hurting, while i've seen the M911 actually pass two or three civilian heavy haul peterbilts but one of the steepest hills in ft knox and they all had the same load....fully mission ready M1's

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks