• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Batteries alternative (M1008)

Jim Hunter

Hello guys,

I am slowly starting to get the required parts before I will go for one more time at the old trucks yard...
I get an B blank key from Recovry4x4.THANK YOU :D
And now the batteries...
I found some details that you can use group 31 or 24 batteries and that 6TLs should be avoided due to their weight as they tend to crack the inner fender area...Also that you can get refurb batteries from interstate for good prices...
Also found Optima red top 34-78 works well.
BUT in Greece all the above are a bit hard to come by...
So is there any alternative to be used ?

Thank you,
Jim

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In truth just about any battery will work.

Find one with the highest cranking amps you can get.

original

Get the red tops, they are worth the extra money in the long run. Check the manufacture date on the batteries. I once bought a red top in Switzerland and it turned out to be 3 years old straight from the shelf.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks