• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

batteries and cables stolen at Anneville

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
HeadWizard said:
Sorry to hear of your loss...

I had stuff taken from an M35A2 at Anneville also - batteries and box, alternator and bracket, compressor, power and start switch. Filing a claim was a waste of time. I ended up having H&S Towing pick the truck up off base for me.

DO NOT assume that GL will hold the truck for you. Call Amanda at the Mechanicsburg site and/or Mike who goes up to handle the pick ups at Anneville and make sure they know you are still picking it up. I just had someone at Mechanicsburg mark 2 items I won worth $550 as abandoned - even though I had arranged to pick up said items this week. I just filed a claim on them and was told it would be a minimum of 15 business days for them to figure out they screwed up. While I wait, they have my money.

I'm not sure if it's a scam, incompetence or just miscommunication on GL's part.

CALL THEM!
Are you dealing with "GL management"?, if so, you will most likely get a form letter response and will be out your money.......I wish you luck though, But I have had none trying to communicate "GL management"..........It took from Friday morning to Tuesday afternoon for them to just read the email.....

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
David, I bet Jeff Hartline has the parts your truck is missing. Might want to PM him. Junkyard wars crusher

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I really appreciate all the support offers. I have given my boys the marching orders and they are supposed to head up early on Friday with two batteries and tools. I know they should be able to recover it since I have taught them many skills it just seemed like they should have gotten last week with a little ingenuity but I think they too were told to move it by the yard manager and could not do it by his time standard. I think GL should hold it since they decieved me at the very minimum and failed to protect sale merchandice for sure. I am hopeful that this is the only thing taken and recovery will be smooth after they get the batteries in.