• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Batteries for 1009

455SD

Hi all.

I recently perchased a 1009 in very good shape, but it is missing the original batteries. I have read the proper batteries are 6TLs? Is this correct? My battery supplier said he had never had one these in inventory, ever. Are they rare or something? Also how do these batteries differ from an adverage car battery?

Please educate me.

Thanks

mangus580

In my opinion, unless you are 'showing' your truck where points count, dont bother with the 6TL's. They are extremely heavy, and commonly make a 1009 list to that side ;-) I am also under the impression that they may not last as well as a good civvy battery. Plus.... they couldnt have been the only proper batts, as when an Arctic heater kit is installed, the 6TL's wont fit the new boxes, they are shaped for the civvy size battery.

ida34

You can reconfigure the hold downs to hold a regular battery. A 24 group battery is the one if I am not mistaken.

455SD

Re: RE: Batteries for 1009

ida34 said:
You can reconfigure the hold downs to hold a regular battery. A 24 group battery is the one if I am not mistaken.
Forgive me, I'm new. :D

How does one go about doing this? I would like to use the hold downs. The bungy cords presently being used do not look very professional.

JAsher45

RE: Re: RE: Batteries for 1009

If you are looking just to put in good batteries and looking for long life out of your batteries and trouble free go with a pair of 800 CCA optama batteries. sure they cost a little more but they will last longer and have no fear if you drain them out cause the will keep recharging and hold thier charge unlike liquid cell batteries..... and we are starting to use them more and more on the military side.