• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

batteries for M923A1

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have been told so many things about batteries, I bought a M923A1 and it takes
4 6 ut batteries. I was told that I could use 2 large truck batteries instead of 4 batteries. I was told today that if I put 2 batteries in the truck it will start fine in the summer, but will not start it in the cold Michigan winter. Can someone give me some good info?

KsM715

All that you have heard is true. It will start on 2 in warm weather. 4 is better. I ran 2 in my M818 and it will kill the batteries pretty quikly if it does not fire right away. I'm going back to 4 when I put it back on the road in the spring.

JarheadMtn

I have been wondering the same thing. The local farm supply store has some large 24 volt batteries with 1500CCA for about $150 each. I was wondering about putting them on instead of the 4 12volt batteries. My truck is pretty much snowed in for a few months so I will have to wait to do anything. Let me know if you try the 2 batteries.

motorolanut

You be fine with anything over 1000CCA a piece, I had two Deep cycle AGM marine batteries in my M813A1 and she started in temps such as the teens (17-19 degrees), just use your pre-heater.
Those old 6TL's are too troublesome to fool with and NO blems were ever available in my neck of the woods. I run AGM's in everything now from ATV's to trucks. Once you get past the initial cash outlay its all good from there.

But again yes if your farm store have those 1500CCA's they will work.

papakb

batterys

If you can get a nice pair of 1500 CCA batterys that will fit into your truck I'd go for them..A set of 4, 6TN or 6TL batterys will cost you almost a grand today.

Kurt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks