• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

batteries in lmtv?

rocket990

I got my batteries for my M1079 from NAPA. They were only a week or so old. The experience was great. The core charge is batteries of the same size. If you take batteries say out of your pickup for cores, you only get $18 dollars credit per battery. Good luck.

Aernan

I just went to Napa in San Jose. I can confirm they have them in stock. Time to figure out how many I need. Also the photo they have in the computer shows the flooded model for the D so I hope I will be getting an AGM instead.

hangarhermit

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Part #7256 is $207.99 before core charge refund
Part #7256D is $223.99 " "

The core charge refund is $36.00 when you return the old ones. Don't forget to stretch before you start moving those puppies around. :)
The #7256D batteries are a lot lighter than the #7256 batteries. That is because the "D" stands for dry (without acid). I still haven't figured out why the dry battery is more expensive than the battery that is already filled with acid.

Aernan

The #7256D batteries are a lot lighter than the #7256 batteries. That is because the "D" stands for dry (without acid). I still haven't figured out why the dry battery is more expensive than the battery that is already filled with acid.
Wait does dry cell mean I need to fill them myself and change them the first time?

Aernan

I rebuilt the battery box and went with Group 31's for $80 each and unlimited availability. I also have the room to add batteries for solar.
https://builtmfg.com/2016/11/14/batteries/
Wow excellent modification. So I'm guessing they all fit in as expected? Can you post an updated photo with all the new wiring in place?

Doing a quick search it looks like the group 31 batteries have 105 Ah capacity. So that means your total capacity is some 800 + Ah now? Did you opt for SLA/AGM? Did you opt for spiral wound cells like Optima or go lower cost?

BuiltMFG

How did you handle battery hold down?
I just have a temporary fix for the hold down of the batteries. Once I have the batteries for solar figured out I will build in either ratchet straps or a way for the cover to hold down the batteries then make a more secure box top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuiltMFG

Wow excellent modification. So I'm guessing they all fit in as expected? Can you post an updated photo with all the new wiring in place?

Doing a quick search it looks like the group 31 batteries have 105 Ah capacity. So that means your total capacity is some 800 + Ah now? Did you opt for SLA/AGM? Did you opt for spiral wound cells like Optima or go lower cost?
They fit as expected. Not sure if I can put in 4 more at this size. I went with low cost and easy availability. I'll post some additional info and photos in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aernan

I got my batteries for my M1079 from NAPA. They were only a week or so old. The experience was great. The core charge is batteries of the same size. If you take batteries say out of your pickup for cores, you only get $18 dollars credit per battery. Good luck.
I just ordered them tonight. The guys at my local NAPA had no idea what Dry means. I also ordered some battery acid. Does it come pre-mixed with water or do I also need to buy some De-ionized water?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks