• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Batteries

Blood_of_Tyrants

Yes. Get the biggest Wally World batts you can find and they will still be smaller than the military batteries. Use 2X4's and other pices of scrap wood to keep them in place.

Also, pay attention to battery post placement and try to get batts with a similar pattern.

Jakob

Re: RE: Batteries

Blood_of_Tyrants said:
Yes. Get the biggest Wally World batts you can find and they will still be smaller than the military batteries. Use 2X4's and other pices of scrap wood to keep them in place.

Also, pay attention to battery post placement and try to get batts with a similar pattern.
I want to have batteries when I arrive, I'm 99% sure I need them for the truck I'm picking up. How are the posts arranged on the military batteries?

Blood_of_Tyrants

RE: Re: RE: Batteries

Looking down from the top, the batteries are two squares beside each other. As you look down, the negative post is in the lower left corner, the positive is in the upper right corner. There is a connector cable that is commonly called a "dogbone" because of it's shape that goes from the negative of the right hand battery to the positive of the left hand battery.

Take common hand tools and wrenches.

renovate7

I got two group 24's at Walmart. I got their biggest with the 3 yr unconditional warranty, they're yellow in color. I put them in sideways so the longest side goes front to back in the box. I was even able to use the OE battery holdown frame. It catches enought of the tops to do it's job. The batteries aren't as wide so I will put in spacers on either side. I'll try to post pic later.

Deuceswild

Re: RE: Batteries

I want to have batteries when I arrive, I'm 99% sure I need them for the truck I'm picking up. How are the posts arranged on the military batteries?[/quote]

Have a look.

Attachments

CanadaDeuce

RE: Re: RE: Batteries

Very Interesting article, I do have one question where can one get batteries like this OEM ??, Ive seen them advertised somewhere but cant remember where
as well as the OEM battery clamps MV issue.
If anyone know where to buy them Id like to know, as I wanna keep it stock and like the idea of 2 batteries that fit in the box properly, the ones Ive seen in an ad were shipped dry NO ACID, and were actually quite cheap, Darn wish I could remember, need a BIGGER favorites centre in my putter I guess .

thanks all

CanadaDeuce

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jakob said:
I tried a search but it didn't turn up anything. Will any automotive battery work in these trucks?
Putting alternate and original batteries in a deuce has been covered many, many times. If you came up with nothing(doing a search) I suggest you come into chat some night and ask how to do an effective search.

CanadaDeuce

RE: Re: Batteries

thanks guys, I found someplaces that sell OEM ones, did a google search....... thanks

PS I tried the SS search option, pulled up some stuff but seems I cannot narrow it down enough to find just posts about buying OEM batteries, unless Im not doing it right, which could also be ! LOL

thanks

CanadaDeuce

Blood_of_Tyrants

RE: Re: Batteries

Search the site for Interstate batteries before you buy them. Their warranty sucks.

I went to China Mart (Walmart) and saw betteries with 850 CCA for $69 each. The batteries in the truck now are rated at just 875 CCA. I figure that they will be a decent replacement.

chuck500cc

I found adapters at a local battery place for $10 each. Yet to comfirm, but, if they are the real deal I'll let everybody know. I will go tommorow and find out.

Chuck XD Fan

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I plan to have batteries at Aberdeen next month. Working with my supplier concerning charging, delivery, cost, and condition. They are used and that is one of the things reference th charging/testing of the batteries. Estimating a cost of around $30-50 each are this time depending on the type of battery.

Let me know if I should plan to bring any for you. I won't ship them since I won't have all of the proper packaging for shipment.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: Batteries

Blood_of_Tyrants said:
Search the site for Interstate batteries before you buy them. Their warranty sucks.

I went to China Mart (Walmart) and saw betteries with 850 CCA for $69 each. The batteries in the truck now are rated at just 875 CCA. I figure that they will be a decent replacement.
I wouldn't be terribly concerned about the cranking amps, the starter motor in the deuce typically only draw 100 to 200 amps unless there are some seriously cold ambients without heating the engine ahead of time.
I would be more interested in reserve capacity and that's where the 6TLs excell, 200 minutes vs perhaps 100 in an Optima.

Nice installation Jeff, don't see any slave cable connections, though.

houdel

RE: Re: RE: Re: Batteries

Go to the Interstate battery web site and do a search for local dealers. Call as many as are in reasonable driving distance and ask for a price for a U6TL. I was quoted prices from $100 to $160 each. I've read other posts where you can sometimes pick up new blems for $35 or so, but I was never able to find any.