• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Batteries

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a U6TL in mine and they carry them at Interstate Batteries. The other is a regular Interstate battery and I'm going to try and replace them both this week with some regular off the shelf batteries from Wally World or AutoZone.

U6TLs are 825 CCAs so I think I can get by with non-military.

steve

1stDeuce

I went to the local junkyard... For $25 each they have tested take-outs with no warranty other than if you get it home and it's junk, they'll give you another. (If asked, they'll bust out the tester for you, so you can see that they're good batteries before you take them.

Better yet, for $35 they have "reconditioned" batteries with a one year replacement policy. I figured this was the way to go and got two similar sized batteries. They start the deuce great, and though one proved to be week when I cranked on it for a while w/o the fuel pump running (bad connection at the tank), it was replaced free of charge with one that they tested before giving it to me. (I didn't have them tested when I picked them up, so it was probably weak when I got it.

I figure that no more than I use the truck, the batteries are going to sulfate and die early anyway. So for $70 I got two healthy batteries that whip the deuce over just as well as 6TL's, if not better!

Just an idea.
C

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the NAPA $45 specials in my TN deuce and it starts great every time. The tractor had Chinamart specials that worked for 4 years

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went and got a couple 875's from Wal-Mart and they crank great, they are a little smaller in size than the stockers so they don't fit the bracket but they work fine.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
1stDeuce said:
I figure that no more than I use the truck, the batteries are going to sulfate and die early anyway. So for $70 I got two healthy batteries that whip the deuce over just as well as 6TL's, if not better!
Get a solargizer and they will last a long time. When I got my "urban camo" deuce, it had some crappy batts. I charged each one seperately and put them in with a solargizerand have been running them since I got the truck. Thats about 2-3 yrs now.

Flea

Two "Never-Starts" from Wal-Mart. I say that kind of tongue-in-cheek because they have always cranked the truck over, even when one was leaking acid. 625 CCA for $35.00 each with 3 year replacement.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks