• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

batteries

Dmoser

been having trouble starting my M1009 in the cold lately, pretty sure the batteries are shot on it. I have no idea how old they are but even with having my oil pan heater on for a while plus having somebody hook up to my first battery (dont know anybody else with a 24v system) it just will not turn over fast enough in temperatures under freezing. I cant see the CCA rating on my batteries because the label is coming off of them so what rating is normally used on these trucks?

Dmoser

wishing i had a battery charger right now:???: also wish that i could get my batteries disconnected from each other. for some reason all of the terminal clamps became melded together so when i replace the batteries im gonna have to replace the cables also. also sure that my generator one is gonna need replacing. dash light is on at all times. gets dimmer when engine speed increases.

Dmoser

Im thinking of just getting batteries from work if they fit. truck battieries, 925 cca and using the same cables that they use where it is a stud and nut instead of a clamp since i need new cables anyway.
And FYI, mine is called the monster 8)

idM1028

. also sure that my generator one is gonna need replacing. dash light is on at all times. gets dimmer when engine speed increases.
Better yet: Go to Autozone. Request part # DL7157 (100 amp Caddy alt, approx $100, and oh yeah, lifetime warranty) Rebuild GEN1 anyways. Throw it in your "Oh S***" box. Use rebuilt GEN1 to replace GEN2 if it ever goes out. Proceed to drink frosty beverages. :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks