• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery / Alt problems

toddclaxton

I have two cucv's One I have been driving for about 4 months with no problems I will call that truck "a" One i just bought to sell truck "b" Truck "a" had two fairly new Optima batteries and I had no problems. Truck "b" had big military batteries. So I decided (stupid) to take the military batteries from truck b and put them in truck a. Only because I though they looked cool. Once I did , neither truck would start. I assumed I just ran them deal. I jumped both truck and let them idle for a while and drove them around. Truck a which now had the militar batteries was totally dead. Truck b had power but owuld not start. So I put everything back, and had the same problem now truck A had some power but not enought. I disconect both batteries and charged them they would start run for a while but not restart the next day. I took all 4 batteries to a battery shop. One battery from each set show a little of 10vlts and one was fully charged. Seems both trucks have the same problem (maybe me!)

I took the two good fully charged batteries and put them in truck a. I started the truck and on the front battery (military batter) I have 14.6 volts. On the rear I have 12.4 volts I shut the truck off and both measure around 12.4. So I figure the alternator that is charging the back battery is bad. So not knowight which it is I measure both at the alternator and they are both putting out 14.6 volts!! So it seems that the rear battery is not charging. What gives?

I also notice on Truck B there is a big resistor looking thing on the firewall behind the engine. Ig runs from the rear battery - terminal which is the + on the front to the Solinoid. Truck A had a wire spliced doing the same thing. What is this for and should I put it on truck A that I am going ot keep?