• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery and Alternator issues

tymbom

Okay, so the other day I went out to start my M1008. I turned the switch to warm the glowplugs and waited. The volt gauge didn't do anything weird. When the wait light went out I hit the switch and the starter clunked and the volt gauge dropped. Then there was nothing. No smoking or nothing. I tried the switch but it was like the batteries were disconnected. I jumped the truck on the front battery and got it started. When I disconnected the jumper cable from the other truck the M1008 died. I restarted the M1008 and waited a little before disconnecting the jumper cable. After I disconnected the cable a second time the wait light was flashing, along with a bunch of clicking under the dash. Both Gen lights were on and the alternator belt was howling. I tried to drive the truck around my property but it only went a short distance before it died. I haven't been driving the truck around much, or very far. Is there a chance the batteries just got discharged too much? I think its either the batteries or the alternators not charging the batteries. Or something else. Any ideas?

:lost: