• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery and Low Pressure Buzzer

gcjub

Hello to all, newbee here from Canada. My question is Battery related in a M816 , put the 4 batteries in and wired them in properly and when go to attach the ground wire from the frame to the neg. terminal, the low air pressure goes off even when the Aux. Power Switch is in the off position ??????Help

Thanks GCJ :cry:

steelandcanvas

Run a continuity check on the Auxiliary Power Switch. Remove the connectors from the switch, (you don't want to read the rest of the circuit) and test with the switch off (should be open), and test with the switch on, it should be closed.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your ignition switch may be connected incorrectly.

Is this a new truck? Did it work correctly before you put new batteries in?

gcjub

Took the batteries out for the winter and charged. Put them back in this spring, then the problems. I first got this truck last spring and I changed the batteries straight away, and ran it for 6 months no problem. Thanks

GCJ

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If the PCB is bad, Just do a work-around and get rid of it, it is ONLY there to keep idiots from destroying the truck, go back to KISS

gcjub

Hi Guys

I replaced the battery switch, power control box and even disconected the slave cables and I still have sparks from the Neg. Termimal, back left battery and the buzzer is still going. Any more ideas:-?

Thanks

indy4x4fab

Banned
Could you take a picture of how you have your batts wired up so we can double check your work? Not trying to say you did it wrong just trying to double check your work via picture. After all its very easy to get the cables crossed as many as there are on the m809s. And have you tried to start the truck with the black box disconected and the over ride screw turned in all the way like augiedoggy said? It will still start and run this way.

Last edited: