• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Apology

gatorbob

Interstate makes a really good battery. Their like the "Chevy" of the battery world.
I did read that Costoco won't honor the warranty unless it's installed in a car. I'm not saying I'd offer up the fact I'm using it on a generator but I would be buying 2 of them after all. I guess I would need to find 2 car makes/models to put into their computer.

Chainbreaker

Interstate makes a really good battery. Their like the "Chevy" of the battery world.

I agree, I've purchased 10 Interstate batteries during the last 8 years and they are all still going strong. Using them in generators, tractor, mower, car, gate opener. They aren't the cheapest or the most expensive you can buy but you definitely get what you pay for. So the Chevy analogy rings true for me.

csheath

Well my replacement group 26 Value Power batteries are now failing. Have been monitoring the new solar charge controller and saw they were slowly going down towards the 24V level. Today was test day and while they had got back up to 24.4 and started the generator fine the charge indicator on the machine never came down to zero in 2 hours running. Voltage went back up to 25+ after running but hydrometer readings on the first 3 cells I checked were low so I didn't bother checking any further.

Will probably replace with U1P lawn tractor batteries. I have used the U1P-7 in several applications including my small diesel tractor and they have performed and held up well. Not sure how the terminal placement will work so I'm going to look at other options as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks