• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Booster Resistor Needed

Xs10tial

Hi all, my resistors went in the M1008 and I'm having a hard time finding the parts online to buy. Does anyone know where to get them?

According to the manual, it's GM part #14076847, which translates to a NSN of
5905-01-193-7212

Thanks!

Attachments

Crash_AF

For now you can make a jumper wire from the glow plug relay to the diamond shaped 12V terminal block above the master cylinder. That will let you use the truck until you can get a new resistor.

And it's not a battery booster resistor (even if the manual says that) it is the 24V-12V step down resistor for the glow plugs. If you bypass it, it will work just fine, but you might have trouble slave starting the truck from another military vehicle.

It's not a standard part for any civilian GM product. It is CUCV specific so you will need to find either a salvage CUCV, or one in stock at one of the military vehicle parts suppliers.

Later,
Joe

Xs10tial

Since there's a 12v power source on the terminal block, I'm assuming the only reason for the resistor is for the Slave recepticle. As I don't EVER plan on using that, I'm just gonna bypass it. If I see any resistors at a show in the future, I'll restore it to stock, but AFAIC, it's just one more thing to go wrong, and it melts the GP's when it does, so it's outta here.

Joe - Thank you very much for your assistance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks