• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Box Size

renovate7

Can anyone supply the dimensions of the battery box? I'm going to get 2 heavy duty automotive batteries locally. The specs say the 6tl are 10.75x10.25x9 high. I want to make sure the local batteries will fit. Does anyone have a battery group # they are using now?

moreorles2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:?: Don't want to hijack the post but it's as good a place as any to ask. One of my spring projects is to sand/prime/ and paint my battery box. Is there any readily available acid resistant coating that anyone can recommend for the inside of the box in lieu of the standard Rustoleum ? I know that the Army went to plastic boxes because they could not stop the rust and corrosion. I was hoping that someone in the SS roster might have had better luck? Thanks ----> Les

EdMontana

moreorles2 said:
:?: Don't want to hijack the post but it's as good a place as any to ask. One of my spring projects is to sand/prime/ and paint my battery box. Is there any readily available acid resistant coating that anyone can recommend for the inside of the box in lieu of the standard Rustoleum ? I know that the Army went to plastic boxes because they could not stop the rust and corrosion. I was hoping that someone in the SS roster might have had better luck? Thanks ----> Les
I would sand blast the box first, that's the only way to get rid of the rust in pitted areas, use a two part polyurethane based primer and finish with truck bed liner like the Rhino brand, now they sell in gallons and quarts and you can just apply with a roller.

renovate7

I had done a search under battery box but could not get any good info. I'm going to get two batteries at the local Walmart of all places. They seem to be everywhere in case of warranty issues and have good prices. May paint the label satin black so they don't look so bad, I did this on the 151A1.