• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Box

Marcel

I have an M51A2 and am looking for a battery box. The bottom of mine is completely rotted. Are there plastic replacements and if so where do I get one? If I can't get one I will have to fabricate one out of stainless steel I guess.

gmayor

TNJ Murray used to have them, but says they are sold out. Saturn doesn't have them listed, but you might call. Closest to you is Memphis Equipment, just my thoughts. Or you can try ebay.

Last edited:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
once he gets the price from memphis he will go the stainless route.. i was quoted 150.00 each for used ones and it take 2....

emr

I have one new in the box plastic with all the dooddads, for 95 , one just the plastic box missing only the handles used on the 5 tons , the handles i mean, ...for 70.. randyemr@aol.com if interest im in NJ...I found its a hundred bucks anytime i fabed a metal box,at least, then a constant paint and moisture dilema....plastic seems to be the way to go...I have new coated ty down hooks with each box also.

Last edited:

Marcel

I have one new in the box plastic with all the dooddads, for 95 , one just the plastic box missing only the handles used on the 5 tons , the handles i mean, ...for 70.. randyemr@aol.com if interest im in NJ...I found its a hundred bucks anytime i fabed a metal box,at least, then a constant paint and moisture dilema....plastic seems to be the way to go...I have new coated ty down hooks with each box also.

Do you have the frame that goes on top of the batteries? The one that keeps the batteries from floating around while the truck is in use? If not do you know where I can get a NOS one?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
all i can say is NEVER buy from mephis, even as last resort, if all ealse fails, fall back on plan B to Z, that is mod, mod, mod, anything is better then mephis

Marcel

TNJ Murray has an NOS Battery Box for $195.00. My other option is a plastic replacement with tie downs for $95.00. What is wrong with Memphis? Is it that NOS is junk and that modifications are much better, like the plastic battery box? Is it that Memphis cheats their customers. What if you can't Mod something?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
all i can say is NEVER buy from mephis, even as last resort, if all ealse fails, fall back on plan B to Z, that is mod, mod, mod, anything is better then mephis

Please elaborate??? I have been buying parts from Memphis for 27 years and always have been very pleased, sure they are expensive, but maybe you have not been to a Cat or Cummins parts counter lately. They have the parts, and when you are using army trucks in your business and you have people standing around because something is broke, they are a godsend.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
mephis thinks there stuff is made of gold, in my opion, thay could care less about the mv hobbiest, that we are just a pain in the a&&, there costomer service sucks, and thay have shils on ebay selling stuff that you dont know that thay are selling for mephis till you have to contract them about something SCREW MEPHIS

do you think from the above that i dont like mephis:wink:

emr

As far as memphis goes, they are ok but very expensive, I have spent 5 grand with them over the last 2 <at that time a few years ago>years and have found that there is never a brake, it is always every dime for everything, the last thing i got was the complete turbo exhust pipe ,I told them I have nothing from the turbo out, please give me everything, he said ok, I will make a list of what u need and call , he did, like 1500, ok i needed, it, when installing after paying for overnight , like i said i wanted it now, i was missing one 5 dollar item, i called 11 am next day, explained what was missing, he told me it was not on the list, I said U made the list , he said it will be 5 dollars plus shipping, i said in the last 2 years i spent close to 5,000 with U do U remember me and did not include this purchase, he said yes, I said would U be able to just ship me that item since it was not my fault and it held me up, i got a BIG NO WAY, I have never even thought of calling them again, I know other people buy from them, and i did too, but they are not the most knowledgable either, I have had them on a few items about what they were and why, only saying this because it was mentiond.....

Last edited:

Marcel

Randy, something is troubling me. My metal box holds two military batteries are the plastic boxes the same dimensions as my metal box? Why would I need two plastic boxes if I am only replacing one metal box?

Marcel

So far both fuel tanks are intact and have no leaks. This sounds like a typical problem based on the threads that I have been reading. Perhaps they should make Plastic fuel tanks as well. Many new cars have plastic tanks.
Thanks for asking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks