• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery disconnect switch location - PICTURES WANTED

AOR

I have been trying for weeks to locate a good clean location to mount a battery disconnect switch that is in reach of the driver that does not interfere with anything else. I have considered multiple locations but none of them seem to be great.
I already have a keyed switch and I am going to switch the ground side. I have 20' of 2/0 cable coming and a hydraulic crimping tool to put the ends on it. I am tall and my knees already occupy all of the real estate under the dash area.
I will probably be replacing my seats so I wanted to leave those areas untouched. I found a round plate that covers what I think is for a deep fording kit setup but the area behind it is to small and I may be adding a deep fording kit. I also do not want to block any passengers leg or foot room and I run with my top and doors off so I Am trying to make it not so obvious. Has anyone been able to mount one through the floor in front of the transmission shifter? I heard that someone did this and found a cap at the hardware store that threaded onto the front of it and they painted it green. I would like to see some pictures what others have come up with.

BLK HMMWV

No pictures , also not in reach from drivers seat but I put mine on the clipped corner under the passenger seat in battery box near the slave connector.

AOR

Thanks Natrgatr and others that is exactly what I was looking for. I have not looked under the floor area yet but I assume you were able to route 2/0 cable to there to the switch. Did you need to drill more holes in the battery box for the cables to be able to pass through Sue and BLKHMMWV I was thinking of the battery box but really want it within my arms reach while in the drivers seat and I worry about kids scraping their leg on it in that front corner location and it would be in plain site with the doors off.

Last edited:

natrgatr

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was easy. No drilling required in the battery box. Just had to drill the hole for the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AOR

Thanks this location worked well. I now feel comfortable leaving the HMMWV in a parking lot. Thanks to NormB for his assistance yesterday. I am planning to find a threaded cap that will go onto the switch and painting it green for added security. I am pretty sure the thread is 3/4 x 10
if I find one that works well I will post a picture and info

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks