• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Drain on a Deuce

M35Brown

I see a slight drain on the front battery (the one with the Pos cable going to the starter) and have seen a post on this, I don't know where the draw is but it is there.

To fix this, I installed a CAT master switch, P/N 7N0718 for $66.88
I installed it on the right side firwall, just below the airfilter bracket.
I ran the battery to starter wire, from the battery to the CAT master switch, and then a new 3ft. wire from the CAT master switch to the starter.
Now I can cut it off, to stop the drain, and it gives me a key when I park it for safty. All CAT keys are the same, but I don't think the general public will have this key.

Carl_in_NH

A battery cut-off is a great idea for storage, anti-theft, and a host of other reasons.

You should go looking for the drain, however. If only one battery is going down, then it's an internal battery failure - in all other cases, both should be discharging.

Source of the drain should be easy to locate - there's not a lot that can go wrong. Several threads on this - speak up if you can't find what you're looking for with a search.

J3 Cub, eh? Once upon a lifetime ago I spent a lot of time in R-22s. Let's hear it for light aircraft!

M35Brown

I see a small differance in the front vs rear battery, it may be the battery, but I load tested both, and they check good, The draw is very low. My truck will start after sitting a couple of months, but does turn over slower. I think its OK, just remember reading a few past post on this, and thought everyone would like the info. Thanks.