• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Dying!

Croatan_Kid

Well I finally found the culprit and it was just what I thought it was.....a fuseable link! I couldn't see it unless I took the air cleaner off and pulled all the wires from behind the master cylinder. It was the one at the end of the Gen 2 power wire and it burnt when it grounded itself against the alternator bracket. Now I can enjoy and look forward to driving my truck :D It's kinda embarrasing having to get jumps from people all the time!

Now I'm off to wire up a manual glow plug button. :twisted:

howardc

Figured I'd start here instead of a new thread...

My Rear battery is not charging, reading 12.4 while at idle. The alt 2 is reading 27v, alt 1(driver side) is 14.7v, and front batt is 14.7v. I had auto zone check it for me, and the guy was actually honest enough to admit he had no idea about cucv's. He told me about a shop in town that works on semi trucks and ambulances, so I drove down on my lunch break. I had a mechanic meet me in the parking lot and he told me he used to work on them in the military. Bingo. he did the same test that AZ did and had the same results. He said replace the batt cables, and pointed out a fusible link by the gp relay (connects to + side of rear batt) that was melted somehow. I'll try to replace the link this wkend, hopefully it will do the trick! Tired of changing batteries every other month.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks