• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

battery question 6tmf vs group 31

dependable

Wondering about comparisons between the two battery types. The 31s seem to have more amps in load test, and I'm guessing the 6tmf's have more deep cycle capacity. I've recently got some trucks from GL . I've had 3rd hand cucv's for 10 years, but this is my first encounter with govt originals. How are the 6tmf. s for long term service?

HeadWizard

The group 31's are more than enough for a CUCV and in most cases you'll get a much better warranty with the 31's. Not to mention the 31's are less expensive.

CCATLETT1984

IF you already have the 6tl's just run them until they die, until this past spring i had a set of 6tl's in my 1008 that were manufactured in 1991, one of the batteries failed but the other is still testing within 3amps of rated capacity.

allrevup

The 6Tl can be brought back up more times becouse of their plate construction, they usually have 225 min. reserve capasity and becouse of the biguer size of the case can acumulate more sulfation before it becomes a problem they do not have as good an CCA rating about 700-800 price about $125-$225 acording to supply source and menber here in SS.
A few other examples for comparizon, The AutoZone Duralast GOLD GROUP 31 for example can be had with much higher CCA of 800-900 and 190 min. reserves, but ussually only one year full replasment warranty they fit the CUCV battery trays for about $95. You can also opt for Autozone Group 65 Duralast GOLD that will have 1000 CA, 850 CCA, 150 min. reserve 3-4 years replasement and about 7 years prorated but you have to make up 1 1/2" for their short height , price at about $115
Atleast Some of The Sears Platinnun Batteries are made by ODESSY'S ( ?) the orange case premium batteries and are about $200-250 or about a 1/3 less when sold under the Sears lavel

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks