• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery RX

NEIOWA

I had to pull a couple of 6TLs from one of our M911s for temp use in a MEP003. Found the + terminals in bad shape. What's the cause? I'm sure the terminals were in good condition when installed and the clamps were installed tight.

Attachments

mangus580

My deuce did that in about a year on a brand new battery. It got so bad, I milled the terminal off flat, drilled a hole in it, tapped it, and added one of them side to top post converters into it. :)

NEIOWA

Not good enough fit from the post to terminal??? There a prevention method? These were seconds donated by the local Exide factory to our Fire Dept. Not sure what made them seconds.

Possible to fix the posts? I seem to recall reading about installing a dam/pooring lead in to rebuild a post. Not sure.

devilman96

heat = bad connection... Change or reem the cable ends with a battery terminal tool to reshape the inside holes... Just casue they are tight does nto mean your getting good contact across the lenght of the battery post... Hose both sides with some type of terminal protector (prefer the sticky gel stuff) and re assemble the lot.