• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Size needed for Frankencab M923

Nogueremuseum

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Guys, I need to swap out the four sealed, fairly small, Hawker 12 volt starting batteries on my 1990 BMY M923A2 ROPS Frankencab. These are mounted in two removeable battery boxes in an outside compartment on the passenger side of the truck. They are an unusual size, slightly lower than normal, that is not quite compatible with regular 4Ds or 8Ds. When I checked with Hawker a couple of years ago, they wanted about $2500 for a new set of four batteries. Hopefully, someone has already figured out what oddball sized battery can fit in these boxes. Cheers!

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced all four of mine with conventional batteries. If I can remember, I'll get some pics of them tomorrow.

Nogueremuseum

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Guys, I need to swap out the four sealed, fairly small, Hawker 12 volt starting batteries on my 1990 BMY M923A2 ROPS Frankencab. These are mounted in two removeable battery boxes in an outside compartment on the passenger side of the truck. They are an unusual size, slightly lower than normal, that is not quite compatible with regular 4Ds or 8Ds. When I checked with Hawker a couple of years ago, they wanted about $2500 for a new set of four batteries. Hopefully, someone has already figured out what oddball sized battery can fit in these boxes. Cheers!
I replaced all four of mine with conventional batteries. If I can remember, I'll get some pics of them tomorrow.
I'd appreciate it Russ. Did you use 4 car sized, or two large ones? I'd like to keep them in the regular battery boxes. If they get pulled out, there is more room. Cheers!

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry for the delay, I purchased 4 group 6TL batteries from NAPA. Fit perfect, no modifications whatsoever. 875 CCA 's.

This one has less CCA's than mine, but should be fine.

This looks helpful.

Nogueremuseum

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally went with four 6TL wet cell batteries from O’Reilly Auto Parts. They have 750 CCA each, and weigh 73 lbs. apiece. Price was $203 each, then a 10% military discount. The two 6T AGM batteries I found were $499 and $799 each. The 6TLs were an absolute perfect fit in the original battery boxes. Cheers, and thanks for the inputs!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks