• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery sizzle?

swindad2

Got new battery terminals today, since mine were in bad shape and loose. Went out and installed them on the deuce. Dang! Batteries low. Just turned over a few times. Went back around to check my connections and found both batteries making a sizzling noise, much like the sound a battery makes while on a charger. Turn of the battery disconnect, and the sound goes away. Turn the power back on, and no sound until I try to start it again, then back to sizzling. Anyone else seen this happen? I've never seen a "low" battery do this?

welldigger

You sure you have a good connection to the battery? Sounds like something is arching.
Edit.... now that I think about it a bit more you could possibly have a short also.

Last edited:

swindad2

Checked all the connections. Seems like pulling the amps through to start the truck is boiling the batteries. I think they are both nearly dead. Truck had a solar battery maintainer on it, found the control box full of water, unhooked it. It has gone from 75 back to the 30's here this week. I figure the batteries are just low. It was running fine 5 days ago. I have a charger on it now to see what will happen.

swindad2

2 Interstate Econopowers from 2010. Water is full. Truck had been sitting a lot during winter. All the battery terminals were old and loose. I went ahead and replaced all 4. Put a charger on them today. Just have to wait and see how it does.