• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery switch question

319cssb

I had something odd happening yesterday. When I turned the battery switch key off , the switch stayed connected. Did anyone have this happen to them? And how did you fix it?

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wish I had that problem, instead of the opposite. One of mine doesn't want to complete the circuit like it should.

Anyway, spray a penetrant of your choice (as long as it isn't WD-40) down the hole and see if it frees things up.

319cssb

Wish I had that problem, instead of the opposite. One of mine doesn't want to complete the circuit like it should.

Anyway, spray a penetrant of your choice (as long as it isn't WD-40) down the hole and see if it frees things up.
Im going to try to spray some de-oxit in there.
I guess it not turning off , is the better of the two possibilities.
I sprayed De-oxit in the switch with the key inside . Turned it a few times and it works again, by turning power off.
Thank you for the suggestion

Last edited:

319cssb

That's because you didn't turn the ignition off first, like you're supposed to. After shutting the engine off, obviously.

By any chance, did you turn the master switch off with the engine running?
Turn the ignition off first???
I always had some issues with that switch. So I turned the engine off . And then the battery switch.
Maybe I should stay de-oxit in that switch too and start using the ignition switch.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Stopping the Engine.
CAUTION
• Stopping engine immediately after vehicle has been under load could result in
overheating and accelerated wear.
Do not turn off ignition switch or master disconnect switch before shutting off fuel,
or damage to charging system could result.

(1) Park vehicle and operate engine at low idle for 5 minutes.
(2) SEE only: Open front loader shutoff valves (page 2-86). Disengage travel locks (page 2-87) and lower front loader to the ground surface
(3) Move throttle lever (1) to OFF position.
(4) Turn off ignition switch (2).
(5) Turn master disconnect switch key (3) to OFF.
(6) Perform your after (A) PMCS. (Refer to paragraph 2-5.)
(7) Fill fuel tank to filler neck if vehicle is to be parked for an extended length of time to avoid formation of condensation.
(8) When leaving vehicle, close and lock cab doors and windows.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks