• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Tender Setup for a Deuce

HDN

I hooked up my deuce's batteries to a pair of 12V Battery Tenders. These units are waterproof (IP67). Each one is hooked up to a battery with the quick connect plugs and I have them tucked in between the bottom of the cab and the battery box. An outdoor extension cord powers both of them (the truck is stored outside for now). They're all plugged in over the fuel tank with the plugs protected by an improvised weather cover (a modified 2-liter pop bottle). When I want to take the truck for a spin, I would disconnect the chargers from the batteries and store them and the cord inside my shop.

Is this how other people have their battery tenders set up? It makes me a little nervous having everything plugged in over the fuel tank, even though it's about half-full of diesel, but I'm not sure of a better way to route my cord to the batteries and chargers.

Last edited:

HanksDeuce

I have a quad Battery Tender setup on the wall of my shop. (2) are for my bobbed deuce, (1) for the backup generator, and (1) for my lawn mower.

The (2) for the bobbed deuce feed from the wall, under the chassis, over the passenger side step, and behind the closed battery box door. I do use quick connects, and I tuck them in the battery box (with caps on) when I drive the bobbed deuce out of the shop.

TGP (IL)

I use one 24V tender resting on the bed frame rail flange.
Plugged in to a weather proof 3 wire cord and the other end to the
Battery disconnect switch mounted on the battery box.

The bed shields it from the weather.

Been like that for years.

Stop worrying, you'll be fine.
Tom

Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks