• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Woes

ida34

My new battery charger comes with a "battery recondition" setting. It takes about 24 hours and is supposed to desulfate the battery. It also has an alternator checking function. It is a smart charger and will give an error code if the battery is shorted internally or if it has an open cell. I put one of the 6tls off my new cucv on it and will check tomorrow morning to see if it worked. I plan have a solargizer on my deuce and have one to put on the cucv I plan to keep. I plan to get some for the gen sets also.

No.2Diesel

I actually installed new batts last friday. They were Powermaster Group 31 and the smell of sulphur was strong. They were pretty old. I checked the water level and they were full. Put them on the charger and the needle danced around. It wouldn't crank. So I replaced them with:

Interstate Group 31 batts with 1000CCA. Cost was $110 each w/ $5 core charge. I don't have a battery box so I secure them with 1/2" THK. Bar stock over the tops and 9/16" stainless threaded rod to bolt them down.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Batteries From AAFES Service Station

In regards to the two batteries I bought, they are Energizers and they are 1050 Cranking Amps with 850 CCA. They are the biggest I could get and I had to modify my battery box on the duese a little to get them in but it roared to life with them and since winter is coming I wanted them in by this past weekend. My CUCV has about the same size batteries so I will probably buy two more when they STB. If you have anyone in the National Guard or Reserves they could get the same deal for you at any AAFES location as long as it is considered a gift.