• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery's not Staying charged

Josh113

I m havering a problem with the battery's staying charged if I charge them its ok for like 5 or 6 days and I have to charge them again with the truck running its at 28.4 and when it's not running its at 24.8 so the trucks is charging I just put a newer Alternator on it Because I hade one laying here and it still dose it and help will be Appreciate

thanks josh

Josh113

Didn't do a load test if I unhook them it can sit and not go Dead butt if I hook them up and Drive it and unhook it Again when I'm done driving it will still go dead if I do not charge them like ones or Twice a week I drive it to work like 3 or 4 times a week the batters and like a year old dont know how longe They List I have hade the truck for 3 years and have done a lot of work on it I have been haveing this Problem for 7 Months now and I have been trying to fix it just dont know if its some thing that anybody Has had a problem with or not I search and Could not find any thing about it

thanks josh

Josh113

I'm not Sure of the Group size. They are 1000 Cold cranking amp's ea. Sorry about the punctuation's I'm on my phone

Thanks josh

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would get the batteries up to full charge and have them tested .If they are good start tracing wires for damage and clean the grounds and connections.

Have you measured the charging voltage at the batteries? I had the same problem. My volt gauge is off. It reads about 4 volts higher than actual voltage. I adjusted the regulator measuring voltage at the batterys and have not had any more problems

eagle4g63

Sounds to me like one or both of your batteries have a bad cell in it......If you have one bad battery it will drag the other down with it. Take them back to where you got them and have them checked out.....or if you ordered them, go to Autozone, they do it for free.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks