• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battle Scars

Rebelpride

Well my M1009 has some scars but not all from military service. Last monday the passengers side met with a pony that had got out of somebodies fence and had been wondering around with a horse for several days. Blazer won :( .
Yesterday someone motioned a senorita in a Dodge caravan to pull on out into traffic and I locked it down as soon as she pulled out but 'Big Green' caught her drivers rear and according to a witness spun her 360 degrees. Busted radiator, quarter panel, bumper, brush guard, and power steering hose. I think frame might be ok.

Attachments

Rebelpride

Yeah everybody is ok, I just feel bad about killin' a pony, but pissed off about the van, I've had the truck on the road maybe 3 weeks after redoing the interior and adding some guages.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Check the frame where the steering box bolts. That area is poorly supported and often has cracks around the mounting holes. The frame on my 1009 folded up like an accordion just behind the steering box when I crashed it into a boulder off-road.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am glad you are OK my son Noah stopped to avoid a multiple car pile up on a Baltimore parkway and a lady in a minivan on a cell phone butt smacked him in the M1009. Ruined the reciever hitch and bumper and accually bent the right rear frame rail just a smiddgen.

Her insurance paid but the adjuster had a problem giving me enough money for it. I finally talked him up to enough to buy the parts and pay me minimum wage to fix it. The frame bend is so slight I am letting it run that way and it has not made any handling issues.

I would be careful driving it any more with a hit on both sides you might hit an elephant dead on to get a trifecta

dc3coyote

Hey man, not to sound heartless you did not save any of that pony meat did you??
That would be great for chili, with these up coming rallies.
Branan

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
steelsoldiers said:
Check the frame where the steering box bolts. That area is poorly supported and often has cracks around the mounting holes. The frame on my 1009 folded up like an accordion just behind the steering box when I crashed it into a boulder off-road.
I've often wondered what happened to your Caddy-Blazer.

DD

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
DDoyle said:
I've often wondered what happened to your Caddy-Blazer.

DD
:) The Caddy 500 came out and the 6.2L went back in. All of the rust was cut out and replaced with fresh steel parts. The whole thing was sprayed with 383 Gillispie Green and then sold to a guy near Charlottesville, VA.

Bobert

Good thing you're ok. Seems like the blazer is a total loss though. I'll be happy to take it off your hands.

That way you won't have to worry about fixing it and just get a new one.

I'll even pick it up for free 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks