• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bay Area Mechanic Wanted

tim292stro

Note there is a difference with "cross over steering" and "high steer". High steer sends the cross-over bar over the top of the passenger leaf to the top of the wheel spindle, simple cross-over goes to the factory tie rod point on the passenger side.

The trouble comes with not doing cross over when you've changed the factory setup and start flexing the suspension.

Last edited:

Drunkle Scuzzy

I have been researching the difference between the two, and think I have a basic understanding of what you are explaining. I think I would like to do a hy steer setup to get the tie rods out of harms way eventually, but don't necessarily want to lift the truck. I haven't been able to figure out if it is possible with a stock m1010. I need to replace the steering components now anyways, so it seems like an opportune time if it is possible.

Note there is a difference with "cross over steering" and "high steer". High steer sends the cross-over bar over the top of the passenger leaf to the top of the wheel spindle, simple cross-over goes to the factory tie rod point on the passenger side.

The trouble comes with not doing cross over when you've changed the factory setup and start flexing the suspension.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks