• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BBQ Convoy-Denton Rally Friday 14 Apr 2017

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We will once again be going on a nice convoy run - Hopefully to my house as always, but with construction going on that may change.

Some things are are the same as the last few years:

We will depart the Denton Farm park at 16:30. This will be proceeded by a drivers meeting. The ride will be about 35 miles each way.

Dinner will be be provided by a local BBQ provider at a cost of $10 for each person. I know this is a change but Blake regrettably cannot commit to the trip this year. I have talked to the local BBQ restaurant and they will cater for us.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY DINNER TO JOIN THE CONVOY!! You will be welcome to join just for the drive and have a bottle of water or what have you while hanging out, but I just can't do this as in the past.

It would be best to sign up ahead so we can get accurate numbers. I will of course order some extra, but the chance to get a meal ticket at the last minute will be limited. All I ask is that if you say you will be there, that you are.
I will have to turn in the order by the week before the event, so just let me know. If you pay ahead I will hold your dinner ticket for you.

Last year we got separated due to unforeseen circumstances so this year we will be under the command of a much more seasoned Convoy Commander(Al Harvey) which should make for a much more enjoyable trip.

I even got new new signs for this year:IMG_0496.jpg so we will really look the part.

I sure sure do hope we have a great turnout (last year was 36 trucks I believe and about 75 people!) again. I think everyone would agree that this is one of the highlights of the Denton Rally.

Can't wait!!!!!

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any more word on communications for the convoy? I have my aircraft intercom system working with my ham radio, just need to tweak the audio. I cleaned up my old CB radio too and will try to adapt that to the intercom next if we might be using CB.

Also, so that we can pay ahead of time to hold our place, were you thinking PayPal?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks