• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Be Sure to call and confirm pickup schedules for Govplanet....

greenjeepster

Yesterday I called and made an appointment with a guy named "Lee" at govplanet for pickup this afternoon... he said no problem gave me the pickup address and a time frame to have the truck company arrive.

I decided to call back and confirm today seeing as the truck is on the road and I didn't want them to get turned away at the gate.

The guy today cant find any record of me having an appointment to pickup today... after going around and around for a few minutes, gave him the name of the rep I spoke with yesterday, I get put on hold.

He finally comes back and gives me contact info for the site and I call them to confirm....

I am glad GL has taught me to be extra vigilant... MAKE SURE YOU CONFIRM AND RE-CONFIRM.

greenjeepster

I learned they like to give cable install appts.
yeah they are giving me a 4 hr window.... which is an improvement over GL. For those who remember Marcus at Knox he would say, "Be here at noon" and then wouldn't show up, your truck would be sitting there waiting and he just never show..

ke5eua

yeah they are giving me a 4 hr window.... which is an improvement over GL. For those who remember Marcus at Knox he would say, "Be here at noon" and then wouldn't show up, your truck would be sitting there waiting and he just never show..
When I picked up at Riley I called to make an appt. Person told me to be there before they close.

FloridaAKM

I haven't done any recoveries from GP yet, but all my GL deals were good to go thru this year so far. Call & let them know you are coming & they can help you thru the loops. I had a pickup in Atlanta last summer & they usually are open till 14:00, the lady there let me know that her yard guy had a Dr's appointment @ noon & I had to be there no later than noon. When I got there, he was driving off so I had to go find the trailer, check it out & bring it back to the checkout point by myself. By that time, they were locking up for the weekend. She let me out after unlocking the gates @ 12:45 for that 7 hour trip from Atlanta to Gainesville. I hope GP is equally good as they use some of the same sites.

greenjeepster

GP seems to be running some of their own off post storage lots which is something I don't think GL ever did. The hmmwv I am having picked up today is in a private storage facility where GP is stashing them from several base sites.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GP seems to be running some of their own off post storage lots which is something I don't think GL ever did. The hmmwv I am having picked up today is in a private storage facility where GP is stashing them from several base sites.
Bragg is doing this as the lot they were allotted is a joint DLA(DRMO)/GovPlanet Lot and was apparently chock full (almost bumper to bumper and door to door) of HMMWVs. GovPlanet moved some of "their" HMMWVs off lot. the big trucks are all there, along with construction and other equipment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks