• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beach Day

Lextreme

My daughter's 11 birthday and my wife wanted to do a road trip. So we packed up and head north for 4 hours. The drive was nice and my family sat in the box with AC and TV on. However, my son prefer PS3.We camped out in a RV park for two days and hung out on the beach for two days and cook in the box and relax in the box. Lots of thumbs up and the word " Bad Ass" and "Cool" were heard all day long. Here is a pic of the M109A3

Attachments

trooper632

Lextreme, did you restore the truck yourself or buy it that way. If you did the work did you post pictures along the way. I am fixing to start doing mine and wondered hoe the electrical work was done to the box, also want to put an rv ac on it, thanks

Lextreme

The truck was insulated, paint and has laminated floor with stove and a small frig. The rest I made. From beds, to seat brackets, PS3, TV, Computer, AC, electrical work both interior and exterior. Installed a 12V Chevy 350 alternator with custom two battery holder etc....

Lextreme

Oh man I can tell by just those two pictures that truck has all the goodies. Sounds like you guys had fun.
Yeah my boy love my camper especially the PS3. I removed the spare and install a cheap Harbor Freight 4000w (rated at 3200w) for $289 and also got 3 years service plan. I didnt want to have a huge generator due to gas consumption and noise. So I made sure my power useage is below the generator capacity. CB Radio install with 12V in the cap along with an 2000w inverter inside the box. The inverter supply the 65w outdoor light for dry camping.

Few days ago I also installed a Go Power Automatic Transfer Switch and it is working fantastically. As far as power, I have 12V, 24V, 110V and 220V. The seller was nice enough to throw in a back camera. It is a huge lifesaver. Especially with a big box and blind spots. I order 6 panels of LED lights. Each panel has 48 LEDs. Will install for the box powered by 12V. Love the 6000k LED.

I will be making a custom oil tank under the bumper ( 45" x 26" x 18") yes it is for used motor oil. I plan to run exclussively 80/20 oil/gas in the very near future.

Last edited: