• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beach Driving

BENZTECH

Hi all. Its been a while since I posted so heres an update. last you heard i was skeptical of goin on the beach and im proud to say that I ended up taking The Deuce to about 5 or 6 end of summer beach partys . I aired it down from 70psi to about 50 psi and I dont think it even mattered . I put it in 3rd gear low and just idled down the beach like it was the parkinglot lol . It says to put the tires lower and I allways have with other trucks but I was unsure of airing down more with a split rim and inner tubes. Its a totaly a different beast than my last few beach vehicles ive had and i cant wait to really learn this baby this spring and summer.I was really waiting for the "blizzard of 2012" but that never happened :( my coworkers and a few friends and I all have trucks and we go out to Smiths Point beach a few times a week all summer long especially thursday nights so if you see like 5 to 8 trucks chilling out with a OD DEUCE dont be shy . Stop and have a beer and a burger and hang out by the fire its allways a good time and the more the merrier .

BENZTECH

Thanks I cant take credit though cause the previous owner really took great care of it. But I love it just the same. Thanks

plym49

Nice truck; why ruin it in a salt environment? The PO of my Deuce ran it on the beach and all it accomplished was a lot of rust that would not have otherwise been there. Salt water corrosion is very distinctive, so I know what caused it. Both front fenders and both running boards are completely shot. Many undercarriage parts are rusty. Clutch and brake return springs are corrupt. And on and on and on. It is just not worth it. Get yourself some junk vehicle for playing on the sand, and keep your Deuce intact. My .02; it is your truck so do with it what you will.

Josh

Havying put a few hundred miles on my deuce out in the sand, I can say I have had my front tires @ 15lbs, and the rears @ 5lbs with out issue. I am still running stock 900's though.

And a good pressure washing after the dune trips is a must, I normally spend about 20 minutes to clean off the underside of my truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks