• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bead locking 20's for super singles?

hasteranger

I'd like to get some stock deuce wheels (available super cheap due to the prevalence of using rockwells in big gay mud trucks) and have someone make me some weld on bead locks for the outside that will give me a little additional width as well. I have 14.50 r 20 michelin xl's I'd like to mount on them for my "play" truck.

Has anyone tried this before? searched but didn't find anything. I am aware I could try to HEMIT wheels but they weigh a little more and are way more expensive.

Any suggestions? thanks!

hasteranger

The bead seating surface is currently seating fine on 20" street wheels (mickey thompsons). This won't be on a heavy truck. F150.

Interesting question, but how do you tell the difference between the different models of steel wheels?

usmc320

I'd like to get some stock deuce wheels (available super cheap due to the prevalence of using rockwells in big gay mud trucks) and have someone make me some weld on bead locks for the outside that will give me a little additional width as well. I have 14.50 r 20 michelin xl's I'd like to mount on them for my "play" truck.

Has anyone tried this before? searched but didn't find anything. I am aware I could try to HEMIT wheels but they weigh a little more and are way more expensive.

Any suggestions? thanks!
Maybe I'm missing something here. You're calling big mud trucks "gay", but you have an F-150 with 14.50 r 20's. Did I miss the sarcasm or is your truck special?

PropDr

x2 on what usmc320 said :funny:

Personally I think putting bead locks on stock rims is on par with trying to polish a turd.:roll:
I'm pretty sure custom rims could be had for less money and or effort..

Just out of curiosity why are you trying to discus your f-150 mods in the Deuce hot-rodding forum? Don't you think that it is just a tad off topic?

BTW You might have better luck on pirate4x4 they have a big "gay" mud truck forum.....

PropDr

I'm on 7 acres now, and I have pieces of several vehicles spread out right now as I'm building up a MUD TRUCK, I can weld and grind at 12:00 AM if I want, my dog has room to run, and I can do yardwork in my underwear if I please.
:cookoo:

In other words you like to cut up military vehicles for their axles etc....

Watch out that you don't end up on the scary steering page.rofl

hasteranger

Well I posted it here because it seemed the most on point place to post it. I don't know that much about military wheels, really. My truck runs dana 60/70 f/r not rockwells, but I know a guy who used rockwells on his and he has the stock wheels and tires off them at his house and I could probably get them for the price of a six pack.

I don't really know what MPT or A3 means. I love military stuff and if I ever got my hands on a duece and a half I might bob it, but I'm not gonna cut it up for parts, thats for sure. I stop and look whenever I find one for sale but so far all the decent ones have been out of my budget.

And yes I was being sarcastic, I totally admit that I'm building a BGMT.

The only reason I posted it here is because I figured there would be more people using military rims here than anyone else.

Sorry to piss you guys off.

s1036s

A3 they are refering to as M35A3, the newer deuce and half..... came stock with beadlock wheels and the same tires you want to run.

Check into Marsh Racing in arkansas, they will make any custom rim that you want. You may be money ahead there. A3 rims are starting to get right up there with the hemtt prices.

Search on here before asking and hopefully the guys wont give you as much ****. Go in the classifieds at the top of the page, search for hemtt rims and A3 rims and see what you come up with. I really dont think you can find anything cheap and beadlock anymore, unless you know someone. I still cant find anything cheaper the 300- 350 a rim with shipping and everything. Good Luck, just search more and you will find all the answers.

hasteranger

I did search but I turned up a lot of non-relevant threads and didn't find anything about weldon beadlocks.

I know about the marsh racing wheels, I will probably end up going with either them or stazworks, even if I find a set of the A3's I'd need to have them recentered, so it won't make financial sense.

hasteranger

Too bad you dont want 53's...i have a set for sale in the classifieds that are already on 8 lug rims
Well, first off, those are way over priced. Those wheels closed out for about $100 each at NTW in wheeling last year and from what I've seen of the goodyears, the tires aren't worth $1600.

Secondly, those aren't bead lock wheels. I already have a set of MT Classic Lock's for the tow truck and could easily throw them on the beater if I wanted to tear em up.

So basically, it appears you have nothing to add to the discussion except the opportunity to spam your own classified.

hasteranger

Are you running 2.5 ton axles or 5 ton axles. If you went with 5 ton you would be much better off for wheel selections.
My truck runs dana 60/70 f/r not rockwells.
I will have recenter any 6 or 10 lug wheel, although they make adaptors to go from 8 to 10, though the 10 lugs I've seen don't have an offset that would work with my SRW axles anyway.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks