• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bearing is stuck

plym49

And for the guy using trumpet grease on his wheel bearings.

I wouldn't carry a tune, in your truck. Did you replace your tach, with a metronome?

Don't be too hard on them. I measure my 0 to 60 times with a calendar.

zeisshensoldt

So, how's the bearing installation going?
I finished the right side, front axle. The stuck bearing was removed with a slide hammer and had no damage from my previous hammering escapade. I then followed the advice of gently sliding the inner bearing on, worked like a charm. Then of course came the hub and outer bearing. I torqued the inner spindle nut to 50 ft/lbs then backed it off 1/4th of a turn. The outer spindle nut was torqued to 130ft/lbs (the tm called for 100-200 ft/lbs on the outer nut). I started on the driver side reassembly today. I've been able to install the knuckle and boot. Although, the rain cut me short, unfortunately.

kennys@wi.rr.com

I very pleased to hear you are using Banshee's very helpful thread! I assumed you were just winging it, for that I say sorry, I was wrong.

I don't mean to come off as condescending(I hear that occasionally). I just put the facts out there.

So, might I suggest(once again), you reference the TMs, as well as follow the helpful threads on SS. That way you assure yourself, that your doing it correctly.

Most importantly, it sounds like this site is working well for you(and many others).

Carry on...
Did he really say he was sorry? I don't think I have ever heard of him saying that. Now I await my fate.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup Kenny, I really said it. :wink:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I told you, Trumpet grease is only good for linear motion. Not rotational motion.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trumpet grease and Vaseline are NOT interchangeable.

Don't ask me how I know(I was not in band).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks