• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beast Of All Tralers

SPC_romaine

if we could get some sponcer or something in that order I would I have my CDL and I would love to do it. like transport humves for buyers or m35a2s or something etc.. shout we would be doing great. so if you know anybody that would like to help put in money or something i think it could be something big.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
That misbegotton POS was designed by a group of morons after lengthy consultation with a group of idiots.

That is the dumbest concept for a trailer I have ever witnessed......it is a tribute to planned obsolesence coupled with design flaws and proves that with the right lobbyist you can sell anything to the gooberment.

I drove the HETT and I despised that trailer......I wasn't real fond of the tractor either but it did have room in the cab to take a nap without sleeping on the steering wheel.

The cretin that deemed the 2 stroke Driptroit engine a good idea in a line haul truck should have his guts made into garters.

SPC_romaine

yea true i would probuly get like the m920 and the hevest traler i could find. do it like that. but i would need some help trying to get it started.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Or just buy a single axle old Rodway(Sterling or IH) truck with a 7 speed and a drop deck , run highway speeds , not alot of over engineered crap and it would ride real good if your looking to haul MV's for people.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That trailer is way too big to haul something as small a deuces or even a 5-ton. Unless you got a abrams to move around, that setup is way overkill. Trailers like that are used in the civilain world but it's mostly used to move stuff that weighs 100 tons+.
Can you imagine what just the tire bill would be on that trailer?

PorscheTech911

They may not be as 'cool' as military vehicles, but you can't beat the Civy options in OTR trucks these days. It's cheaper, and faster to use a civy truck. The military is still a bit behind in that arena in my opinion.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That misbegotton POS was designed by a group of morons after lengthy consultation with a group of idiots.

That is the dumbest concept for a trailer I have ever witnessed......it is a tribute to planned obsolesence coupled with design flaws and proves that with the right lobbyist you can sell anything to the gooberment.

I drove the HETT and I despised that trailer......I wasn't real fond of the tractor either but it did have room in the cab to take a nap without sleeping on the steering wheel.

The cretin that deemed the 2 stroke Driptroit engine a good idea in a line haul truck should have his guts made into garters.
WM:
We can just hear the LUV seeping out of your essay. You sure have a way with words. And you don't sugar-coat nuttin'. You are passionate in your assessment.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

You tell it like it is and we like it like that.

Do I see a Pulitzer Prize in your future????

rwbrown72

Seriously, though, how do you really feel about it?:razz:

L999here

...seriously...?

Agree with prior post. Unless you have a 60-ton tank...don't waste your money on such a monstrosity...with 40-tires...? Get an M172A1 25-ton low-boy trailer...it will haul just about anything....only have to get 'wide-load' permits (9'-7" wide). Low enough to haul M35's or APC"s.....and not have any problems. Had to look for three months to find one below $2,500.00...with ramps and toe-plates....and travel 900mi. for the pick-up. Of course,had to buy a semi truck too....but needed that anyway....LOL. Go for it....!!!

Varyag

The best part about those was power braking an M1 onto it in low and the look of panic on the truck driver's face when the tank belly flopped onto the trailer.

Atomic

So.....uummmm......:deadhorse: