• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beauregard Intel

DeuceIsLoose

Hey All,

Went up to Beauregard yesterday to prep a truck I won a couple weeks ago for recovery. I thought I'd fill everyone in.

Lots of trucks in lots of different conditions. All had great tires and soft tops (except one hard top). About 25% didn't have batteries. About 75% didn't start but had batteries. Some were missing engine kill cables. Some missing accessory switches. Most of the winches looked like they'd need some work (but I think that's typical). But most looked like they'd roll just fine with a jump. Mine just needed brakes bled--everything else was great on it. There were a couple that had been totaled--but you'd be able to see that clearly from the GL pics.

Also there were about 5 5-ton dumps. Attached are some pics. I'm going up there to recover mine on Wednesday. Let me know if anyone needs a specific truck looked at.

Donnie

Attachments

Chevytruck

this may be weird for me to say... just trying to be funny

what did you do to tick off superman to hit those trucks!

jk

great intel! :-D

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That middle dump truck in the last photo sold a couple of weeks ago for about 9K. Much more than I would have paid - but then, I'm not looking for a dump.

Hey, DIL, how did you get access on a weekend? Just ask?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where is the cann point at Camp Beauregard where all those basket case CUCV's that just sold last thurs are? Also across the creek somewhere?

nk14zp

:lost::lost:
Hey All,

Went up to Beauregard yesterday to prep a truck I won a couple weeks ago for recovery. I thought I'd fill everyone in.

Lots of trucks in lots of different conditions. All had great tires and soft tops (except one hard top). About 25% didn't have batteries. About 75% didn't start but had batteries. Some were missing engine kill cables. Some missing accessory switches. Most of the winches looked like they'd need some work (but I think that's typical). But most looked like they'd roll just fine with a jump. Mine just needed brakes bled--everything else was great on it. There were a couple that had been totaled--but you'd be able to see that clearly from the GL pics.

Also there were about 5 5-ton dumps. Attached are some pics. I'm going up there to recover mine on Wednesday. Let me know if anyone needs a specific truck looked at.

Donnie

Crazyguyla

Where is the cann point at Camp Beauregard where all those basket case CUCV's that just sold last thurs are? Also across the creek somewhere?
If it's still in the same place since I was last there, before Katrina, it's off in the woods. It took me sometime to find it the first time I went there.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Donnie,
I am about 15-20 minutes from Beauregard and am off Wednesday if you need some help. Email me kendelrio@hotmail.com and I'll shoot you my number. I am also "sort" of on the way back to B.R. If you develop any issues and need a landing strip.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks