• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed crane designs...

Heath_h49008

Ezy-Lift Truck Lift - YouTube

This design gives me ideas for my deuce. But have any of you folks ever used one like this? What do you think? That with a bed mounted winch would seem to be the easy way to self load a truck.

But I've never messed with hoists aside from engine lifts and shop lifts.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Ahh, I have seen similar designed ones. Once I get home, I'll have another interesting design to post up.

Heath_h49008

I was actually thinking it could be "modified" for deuce use.... as in ripped off and made bigger with cylinders salvaged from "?"

It's just an a-frame crane. But the way that thing tucks away! Maximum lift would be a pallet, right? Say 2000lbs?

It has my mind turning, but I'm thinking they may have design issues or they would be more common. Seems too easy.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heath, If you use the same design I am sure you can easily modify to fit a Deuce bed. Excellent thread man...!

Heath_h49008

Sweet! Gimps got another design... I figured someone was a long way ahead of me on this.

I was surfing the knuckleboobs and HF truck cranes... too much then too little. This thing seems just right. Do the job and then fold away.

gimpyrobb

After lots of searching, I think a 900 series spare tire crane is what I am going to use in my drop side truck. That will be another thread.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I like that a lot better than the cheapo harbor freight POS crane I have in the back of my truck right now.

bill2444

Heath: Valley truck parts, right here in MI uses ones like those in their pick-ups to deliver big truck engines/trannys/diffs. They make theirs powered off of a Western snow plow pump ( 12v electric over hyd) 12v atv winch with pulley for lifting.
They work pretty good

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After lots of searching, I think a 900 series spare tire crane is what I am going to use in my drop side truck. That will be another thread.

I have two new main sections in stock. No extensions or winches.......or wenches for that matter.

gimpyrobb

This one has some good ideas too.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzYYVb74Z2A&feature=related[/media]

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Maybe like this:

407L Loading System
The purpose of the 407L loading system is to permit loading and unloading of most types of pallets or shelters by three people, operating mechanical hoists in the absence of any powered equipment. The size of the pallet shelter is limited only by the dimensions of the truck body. The components used in this system are mechanical devices that use levers and pulleys. Maximum mechanical advantages, through the use of three hoists, four snatchblocks, and cables, permit pulling, lifting, and lowering with minimum effort. The maximum load capacity for the 407L loading system is 10,000 pounds. The loading operation will require three people, one to operate each hoist and one to drive the truck. It is also advisable for you to have a fourth person stand near the tailgate to observe that the load is being lifted straight and to prevent any misalignment of the load or pallet between the sides of the truck body.
The system components were designed for installation on an M-35 truck or equivalent for lifting and lowering most types of pallet/shelters on and off the truck. Two of the hoists are used in loading and three are used in unloading. The only interface that is necessary between the loading system and the pallet/shelter is that the pallet or shelter must have two towing eyes at the bottom corners. The exact location of the towing eyes is not critical. The system is not restricted to any number, height or configuration of skid types. The hoists, wire rope, wrecking bar, and snatch blocks are commercial hoisting equipment and are not limited to the 407L loading system. You may therefore use them if this is not in conflict with area SOPs for any other hoisting, positioning, or moving task that is within the capacities specified on the equipment.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks