• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed Liner for M101 A1 trailer?

koolex11

Does anyone have a plastic bed liner in an M101A1? I thought I would ask around if anyone knows of a good match, rather than diving into the research for truck bed dimentions...

I am in the middle of fixing up my first M101, and having a great time. I want it for a work trailer and I like the molded plastic liner much more than spray on, plus I don't want to scratch up my hard work with a shovel!

There are tons of cheap 8ft liners for sale near me, but I want the best fit without too much cutting! Thanks.

Ripcord01

Congrats on the trailer. A bedliner.. Never heard of one being in a trailer..I would almost bet you would not find a picture of one on here. Most folks use them for hauling and such. But good luck and have fun. nopics

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've only heard of people SPRAYING bedliner on the inside of the trailers, or using those thick rubber mats cut to the right shape.

Ripcord01

I agree with Maddawg. I have seen alot of folks that use Herculiner and others, but I have never seen a actual bed liner. But you may be on to something new. You never know.

koolex11

Yeah I'm going to have to take some measurements I guess. I just imagined that over the years a pickup had to be made with a similar size bed.

Nick, do you still have the name of that guy who makes spare tire holders?

Jersey4x4

I looked for over a year and any pickup I found with the bed being close was always an old truck that they just dont make a commercial bed liner for so I just had my 101 and 116 Rhino lined. It was like 400.00 for the 101a2 and 325.00 for the 116a2 and it made the 101 into a water tank because it was thick enough it made it water tite with just some cheap weather stripping on the tailgate.

koolex11

Thanks, Jersey. That's what I was afraid of, but kind of what I expected. I've never seen a truck bed that shape/size. Good enough for me. I'll keep my eyes open, but I won't hold my breath over it. [thumbzup]

number9

I looked for over a year and any pickup I found with the bed being close was always an old truck that they just dont make a commercial bed liner for so I just had my 101 and 116 Rhino lined. It was like 400.00 for the 101a2 and 325.00 for the 116a2 and it made the 101 into a water tank because it was thick enough it made it water tite with just some cheap weather stripping on the tailgate.
I've thought about getting my M101A3 Line-X'ed but was afraid it wouldnt take to the CARC or that the CARC would chip / peel over time and cause the liner to bubble or come off. How long have you had yours done and how is it holding up?

Nick

Yeah I'm going to have to take some measurements I guess. I just imagined that over the years a pickup had to be made with a similar size bed.

Nick, do you still have the name of that guy who makes spare tire holders?

Yeah, I dont think he's on here anymore, but if your interested I can contact him via email, or thru the Power wagon forum.

Send me a pm with your email, and Ill forward it to Chris if your interested.

Nick

Jersey4x4

It has been on both trailers for well over 2 years and no problems at all. I did prep the trailers myself first by sandblasting them to bare metal before getting them lined. I figured the same thing, that the liner would not stick to the CARC, that is why I blasted it but the tailgate was done right over the CARC and it is still there with no issues so I don't think it matters about the CARC.

I've thought about getting my M101A3 Line-X'ed but was afraid it wouldnt take to the CARC or that the CARC would chip / peel over time and cause the liner to bubble or come off. How long have you had yours done and how is it holding up?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks