• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed Liner

Barneyszoo

Ok I've seen the past posts on this and was just wondering if there's anything new that someone has done. I'm getting ready to do the inside of the cap. Was wondering if anyone has put any sound deadening stuff under the liner?

jesusgatos

Be careful with that stuff. Make sure that whatever you're coating is primed, prepped and sealed! Line-X ruined a perfectly good Jeep tub of mine because moisture worked it's way in between the body seams. That was an awful experience, and that's why I'm looking at alternatives for Mah Deuce.

yeager1

I recently did the inside of my deuce with this stuff http://www.alsliner.com/
It is a real 3 part polyurethane that chemically hardens like line-x. Chemically speaking, it is the same material as all the other professional materials. It works 10x better then herculiner and similar products that simply dry vs. actually chemically curing. The kits are $100 plus you need a spray gun. I did not buy theirs for $50 I got a harbor freight one for $20 and it worked awesome. I'll try to take some pics one of these days. Also, you can tint it in any color with standard automotive pigments. You can not put sound deadeners under any liner, but you don't need to- the 2 products have the same function of simply adding mass to the panel to make it quieter. Let me know if you need any more details- but don’t get a roll on.

yeager1

FYI- I'm not putting down the roll on materials (I’ve seen some done well), this is just a new and better option that is available now.

IMA944T

Someone should have put the Line X on better. Have worked for Line X and if put on properly prepared surface it is great. The last place it comes up is at a edge. usaully something gets dropped on it hard enough the dent metal under neath then a piece may pop loose. But you can cut it out with razor and the edges are still sealed ready to be repaired. It has no R value so it doesn't insulate but it does make things quiter due to kinda bonding all pieces together and not letting panels move around and not vibrate.
The stuff doesn't flex very good so thats also a reason for coming loose of Jeeps and trucks.
Some people don't prepare surface good enough (even if they work for Line X ) And some people will not pay to have surfaces prepared correctly and just want it sprayed. Not correct thing to do but it does happen. And it will melt so watch where it goes when it comes to heat.

dittle

Someone said that the Herculiner is not as heat resistent, said the floor boards and hump get to hot. Whats the Als stuff good to heat wise?

Don't know about the heat issue, I only coated the bed and in 90 degree weather last summer I didn't have any issues with it. That being said I haven't went and intentionally heated the stuff up to see what its fail point is; you may be correct when it gets closer to a higher heat source.

phantomk17

info on lizard skin
Keep excessive heat and noise out of your vehicles interior.

LizardSkin Original Ceramic Insulation is a water-based composition of high-grade acrylic binders with air filled reflective and sound absorbing ceramic particles. LizardSkin is non-toxic and Class A fire-rated. LizardSkin is an innovative easily applied coating system designed to diminish both heat and sound. Applied by spray method it forms a sealed, seamless and flexible black membrane, perfect for cars and trucks, street rods and customs, race cars, buses, refrigerated trailers, RVs, motor homes, experimental aircraft, and high end audio installations---wherever heat and noise are a problem. LizardSkin is completely water soluble, meaning easy clean-up with just soap and water. Each 2-gallon container covers 46-50 square feet with .040-.060 in. thickness.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks