• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed mounting hardware?

littlebob

Can someone help with the location of the wooden blocks, u-bolt positions and the positions of the front springs? I spent about 30 min searching and it was getting late. I'd like to buckle it down tomorrow.Thanks in advance. The search did work well earlier on fine tuning the brake adjustments, Thanks to all that have made the search easier to use.

littlebob

Today I went and looked at jluv1185's deuce to see how his was done. His spring position I saw but his didn't have the u-bolts like mine did, or the wooden blocks where they go. Still trying to figuire it out if any one can help

Attachments

jasonjc

None of my trucks use u-bolt, not the M35,M109 or M135. They all have just boltsbetween tabs on the frame and tabes on the bed/box. But my M45/530C fire truck bed bolts to the frame tabs but uses wood blocks like spacers, between the frame tab and the bed. The bed sits on wood on the frame just like the M35 bed.

The frist 3 pic are of the M35 bed and the last 2 are of the fire truck bed.

Attachments

6x6guy

I had a couple of parts trucks with the U-bolts with wood blocks, all the wood blocks broke
when smacked with a big hammer to remove them from behind the U-bolts.
As far as positioning the U-bolts there isn't too many good places to install them to properly
disperse the trucks bed weight- so choose your own.

littlebob

I had a couple of parts trucks with the U-bolts with wood blocks, all the wood blocks broke
when smacked with a big hammer to remove them from behind the U-bolts.
As far as positioning the U-bolts there isn't too many good places to install them to properly
disperse the trucks bed weight- so choose your own.
Thats what I'm probably going to to do. just put them fore or aft of the reinforcements for the axles. When I looked at jluv's it had the same arangement as was posted earlier by another member.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks