• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Been on here a few years thought I'd finally introduce myself

Another Ahab

i know stanford a bit, I head up the golden road in the fall for a 3 day trip this will be the first year with a cucv. I've been after 2 90 ton locomotives and a b-52 crash site for awhile now, this year I'd like a 3-4 vehical group to go.
Can you please clarify that comment a little zone zero; it sounds kind of interesting:

"I've been after" meaning that you've been trying to buy these things?

zone zero

Can you please clarify that comment a little zone zero; it sounds kind of interesting:

"I've been after" meaning that you've been trying to buy these things?
Sorry about that there called the ghost of Maine , from the 1800 brought up to Maine by barge I believe from the pacific north west, for the central Maine logging company. There in the eagle lake region basically 2 full size 90 ton steam locomotive just stopped on the tracks one day shut down and left for ruin. Most of northern and central Maine was logged out and a lot of the equipment is still there just sitting in the now younger woods.

Ive heard rumers of a B52c bomber crash site with a good amount still intact . I have not found much info on that but it's on my list of things to do.

I know now you can hike and ski or snowmobile into the trains but I want to drive it a group of land rovers did it in the 90s across the frozen lake. I'd like to do it in the early fall photograph the hole thing and do a good write up about hidden New England .

fitz

Welcome from Mass. I just seen this post today. I'm glad you got the truck back on the road and are driving it. Your getting some good mpg's out of it.
You seem like you dive into your projects head first and get them done quickly. I look forward to watching the progress of my old truck.

dmetalmiki

Can you please clarify that comment a little zone zero; it sounds kind of interesting "I've been after" meaning that you've been trying to buy these things?
Phew..agreed, after reading through about 10 times I just managed to get the general gist of your post. Please write "they are"? Not "there" Otherwise this will be a Fantastic story to post up for us (with a few comma's etc) anyway welcome to the hobby again, and do get some pictures of those Locos. And the airplane crash site.

zone zero

Phew..agreed, after reading through about 10 times I just managed to get the general gist of your post. Please write "they are"? Not "there" Otherwise this will be a Fantastic story to post up for us (with a few comma's etc) anyway welcome to the hobby again, and do get some pictures of those Locos. And the airplane crash site.

Ha ya sorry I'm typing on an iPhone , and I've been sick taking pain meds so I'm a bit loopy.

Ive done a bunch of writing and co authored a text book so I know the value or an editor. I can tell a great story but lack the subtle art of grammar and spelling.
I always wondered if it's just simply left brain vs right brain.
ill keep up the post as I get the truck fixed up

can anyone point me in the direction of a new or remanufactured gage cluster my fuel indicators junk and the speedometer just wines..

zone zero

Just caught this no I'm not trying to buy the trains hahaa not my thing and I think the state owned them now.
i just want a good story and photographs.

people don't think of the north east as a place for expedition type trips but there are some amazing places and remot destinations if your willing to look for them.

zone zero

image.jpgimage.jpg Well a bit more done today need to do some grinding and touch up paint but , that a set of 9inch ARB intensity lights. Basically the head lights are garbage and these were on my expedition built 01 Cherokee that I sold. This is there new home.

llong66

Hi! Welcome from Indiana, you might try Hillbilly Wizard for your dash stuff, They have clusters, the whole interior harness if you need it. I have heard, but cannot confirm, that if you need a new circuit board for the back of yours, a civi unit with lights, not gauges can be made to work, but you would need to do some digging/research on that. I think LMC sells them.
Truck looks really good! Good luck with the rest!

Greg

Last edited:

zone zero

Hi! Welcome from Indiana, you might try Hillbilly Wizard for your dash stuff, They have clusters, the whole interior harness if you need it. I have heard, but cannot confirm, that if you need a new circuit board for the back of yours, a civi unit with lights, not gauges can be made to work, but you would need to do some digging/research on that. I think LMC sells them.
Truck looks really good! Good luck with the rest!

Greg

Thanks, I'll look into it. I'm considering just rebuilding the dash with new gages but from what I can tell that gets expensive and I really like the factory look. It will need lights for sure it's completely black at night.

zone zero

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgCould not resist trying to get my Russian AK-105 in the mount. And adding a tag for my love of the 100 series AK rifles.
Also took the truck into the city 100 miles a day round trip for 4 days. Zero issues besides being yelled at for driving an environmentally unfriendly ugly truck by a hipster college kid.
Also ordered LED headlights should have them installed Friday I'll post up pics and an honest opinion on them and if they are a true upgrade or just junk.

Foxtrot Oscar

Can I say - Welcome, firstly.
Then - I'm not a fan of the AK in the American interior vehicle mounts. (Just saying...). I know it's a 'Modified' thread but... Hey.

And - Good work with the Rattle Cans to bypass the inspector guy - But there seems to be a colour change at the front guard/door hinge join. ?

Finally - Nothing personal - I agree with Dmetalmiki - that grammar is important.

Hope to see pictures of the locomotives and plane if possible.

Again - Welcome.

Landbarger

it was an X- Massachusetts forestry Union truck
Even your trees have unions up there?!? Geez...

(Kidding aside, I've never heard that term applied to a state agency.) Welcome aboard. That truck is looking good and your travel plans sound excellent. I'm sure lots of us would love to see a write-up on that trip!

Skinny

Im right down the street in new market. I'd love to meet up some time. I was big into 4wheeling and jeeps for along time ran with a club out of hamstead for years. But always loved the military trucks and overland vehicals

i know stanford a bit, I head up the golden road in the fall for a 3 day trip this will be the first year with a cucv. I've been after 2 90 tone locomotives and a b-52 crash site for awhile now, this year I'd like a 3-4 vehical group to go.
Sorry for the very slow response. Let's plan to meet up in the next week or two. This weekend I have to tow a new rig home and get my M1031 inspected.

I've done the Golden Road but not in my truck. I would be down for a Train or B-52 trip this summer.

Another Ahab

Sorry for the very slow response. Let's plan to meet up in the next week or two. This weekend I have to tow a new rig home and get my M1031 inspected.

I've done the Golden Road but not in my truck. I would be down for a Train or B-52 trip this summer.
If you all pull it off, please put up some pics for us "armchair" warriors out here. Those would be sweet.

zone zero

Can I say - Welcome, firstly.
Then - I'm not a fan of the AK in the American interior vehicle mounts. (Just saying...). I know it's a 'Modified' thread but... Hey.

And - Good work with the Rattle Cans to bypass the inspector guy - But there seems to be a colour change at the front guard/door hinge join. ?

Finally - Nothing personal - I agree with Dmetalmiki - that grammar is important.

Hope to see pictures of the locomotives and plane if possible.

Again - Welcome.
i think what your seeing is a lighting issue, the paint is fairly even over the hole truck. I did not use body panels as stop points when spraying.

As as for the evil AK in the American truck . My IWI tavor was too short and the AK you see there cost around $2900 and is a 1 moa rifle all day long.
Next time I'll throw the Knights armerment in the rack. ��

zone zero

I will let you know I think next weekend is free, my email is odjeep@aol.com if you want to hit me up there I'll get you my cell number.

Foxtrot Oscar

i think what your seeing is a lighting issue, the paint is fairly even over the hole truck. I did not use body panels as stop points when spraying.

As as for the evil AK in the American truck . My IWI tavor was too short and the AK you see there cost around $2900 and is a 1 moa rifle all day long.
Next time I'll throw the Knights armerment in the rack. ��
Understand re: the lighting issue. Thanks for clarification.
Keen to see pics of the trip as are the other guys above.
Regards,