• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bees - Ouch....

Jones

RE: wasps

I've found several nests under the folded edge of the bed sides or front fenders; they seem to be drawn to secluded areas with a lot of heat for larval development.
Do a search after dark with a flashlight. The colder the air temp the better; it and the night really slows them down. When you spot any nests, soak them with wasp spray. Allow several hours the following morning for all the stragglers to wander in and die.
The hanging wasp traps are good if you're gonna park any rigs for extended periods. Hang them near the truck and let the attractant do it's job.
The moth balls in a can trick is a good one too, especially if they're inside the cab.

saddamsnightmare

August 29th, 2008.

The Deuce is just full of holes!!!! Wasp heaven!!! BUT, you can plug the holes for the convoy light/machine gun ring mounts with rubber hole plugs from a auto or hardware store.... and at least that will block 12 ingress points..... The poor old deuce just isn't air tight, and I guess they never will be.... Other then that, BEE quick on the hotshot!

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan :p

vtdeucedriver

CRC's Electromotive cleaner is the Bee Killer I use. I can wipe out the whole nest in seconds if I get up early in the am. If mine sit for a while, I cautiously look behind the seats under that cab lip. Espically the corners, I think that is their favorite spot. You guys think the deuce has alot of places, try the M62!!!!

joesco

It sounds like your trucks aren't driven often enough, so to solve the insect problem, I can drive down and remove those trucks and solve the problem for no charge.

Hkx3

I have the exact same problem, and its weird because the M52 is the only thing they bother...

Weird, since it doesnt sit any longer than any of the other 3 vehicles in the same building.

I think there is something to be said about all the rough surfaces that are overhanging in the dry around the 6x6.

The Camaro and other 2 trucks seem to collect spiders though.

All of this stuff gets moved at least every 2 weeks.

I carry wasp/hornet spray, and carb cleaner with me to combat on-road attacks. Fighting wasps in the cab while going 52 in a M52 on a one lane road is better than the redneck olympics. "Here, hold my beer..." :shock:

Also my heater intake duct seems to harbor yellow jackets like no other. Freaks me out to fire up the beast, and over the drone of the diesel still be able to hear a "buzz" or drone... Ive killed 20+ in that duct at one time!

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
dm22630 said:
If they are inside the cab....
Roll up the windows
shut the windshields
close the vents
and....
Set off 1 or 2 "indoor bug foggers"
NOTHING & I mean NOTHING will be alive in that truck after a couple hours. I use them in houses, sheds, cars, etc......and NOTHING is alive after they breathe that stuff.
:mrgreen:
The BOMB!!!

Flea

I've had good luck as well keeping a couple house spiders in my cab. They set up webs on the mirrors and inside around the floorboards. Not had any bug problems.

rockman

I used a coffe can full of moth balls, leave the lid off when you are not in the truck. I also had a nest in some sheet metal that I filled with "great stuff" foam.

Bill

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks