• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Before and after images

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That is the easiest defroster duct to reach in all of history.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You really have to go back and forth between the pics many times to see the little changes that have occurred. Great work Bjorn. Coming to GA in Oct?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice. No way you would get cold in the winter with the engine next to you and the radiator at your feet.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn, have you rev'ed it up to 2850 yet?
Pretty much every time it's driven. The automatic transmission shifts at 2,800 to 2,850 rpm. It's not difficult to rev it up there, the no load max rpm is 3,000, so I simply need a reminder.

Kenny, the tires are still a limiting factor, they are all slightly different in diameter and there is probably more shimmy than I feel thanks to the power steering. Still, I love driving this thing.2013 0522 drive xm757.jpg

AMGeneral

Having seen and driven the XM 757 more than several times,the change is astonishing,the resto thread is definetly worth reading over.

Bjorn,Is the M52A2 still in the backyard, did Joe ever come pick it up?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Having seen and driven the XM 757 more than several times,the change is astonishing,the resto thread is definetly worth reading over.

Bjorn,Is the M52A2 still in the backyard, did Joe ever come pick it up?
Brandon, your M52A2 is sitting where you left it, no word from Joe.

Here are a few of the hundreds of images of the xm757 restoration process.

There are several gear ranges to chose from when driving. They all have an upper gear limit, such as 2nd, 4th, 5th and 6th. That's where the danger of overrevving comes in, if I'm on a back road in 3-5 range and drive out on the highway, it's easy to step on it, forgetting that the top speed is only 39 mph in 5th. There is not much torque for hills in 6th.2008 0820 xm757 work done to date.jpg2008 0423 mini dash, egt, turbo boost, transmission temperature, dash illumination.jpg2007 1117 turn signal and headlight relays.jpg2007 0625 electric horn button wiring.jpg2007 0524 air horn.jpg2011 0711 nozzle deflector, mini dash.jpg

The last image shows the deflector that was added to keep hot (240°F) air from hitting the windshield directly. It will also direct air from the blower to cool the driver with the fuel burning heater turned off (just blower on).

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is one amazing machine Sir! Thank you for sharing the pics.:beer:
It's a hobby and I'm retired, perhaps a dangerous combination. It's also a very low budget project, so it all takes a lot of time.

Zak, it's not that bad, don't use earplugs, like I needed for the deuce...or the damage may have been done already...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks