• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr observations / primer question

PareoWC

Gents- I thought I would give some 'common sense' feedback to the forum.

I have been studying different colors and shades of olive drab for years in a decision to paint our WC52. I saw an example here on SS of a beautiful job on a Hummer. Well, we sprayed it on yesterday through our Graco airless, unthinned, and it laid down well. However, it is a hair too shiny for my taste! We're still going to use it on a trailer, but my choice in base of Satin Behr Marquis was not wise.

I am going to order another batch of the same shade, but ensure that it is flat. I'll tell you this- I absolutely love the easy clean up of latex vs. oil. I have been using Rustoleum rusty metal primer on the parts, but would like to move to a water based primer with the Behr. Is this a wise move, or should I stick with an oil based primer, then latex topcoat?BEHR paint from SteelSoldiers!  MARKM.jpg20191225_125808.jpg