• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr observations / primer question

PareoWC

Gents- I thought I would give some 'common sense' feedback to the forum.

I have been studying different colors and shades of olive drab for years in a decision to paint our WC52. I saw an example here on SS of a beautiful job on a Hummer. Well, we sprayed it on yesterday through our Graco airless, unthinned, and it laid down well. However, it is a hair too shiny for my taste! We're still going to use it on a trailer, but my choice in base of Satin Behr Marquis was not wise.

I am going to order another batch of the same shade, but ensure that it is flat. I'll tell you this- I absolutely love the easy clean up of latex vs. oil. I have been using Rustoleum rusty metal primer on the parts, but would like to move to a water based primer with the Behr. Is this a wise move, or should I stick with an oil based primer, then latex topcoat?BEHR paint from SteelSoldiers!  MARKM.jpg20191225_125808.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks