• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Being dragged kicking and screaming to South Florida

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The Boss Lady has dictated that I make a foray to Hades South (near Miami) with her. I'm making the best of it by delivering some parts to Steve6x6x6 and picking up some rims he has been holding for me. I won't have any room on the way down but we will heading back to Bammer late Sat. (July 7) night (I refuse to fight holiday traffic Sunday). If you have something small that will fit in the back of my Dakota (along with 2 A3 Deuce rims) and can get it to me before we pop smoke I can get it up this way. I will not be coming through Hotlanta on I-75. I'll run up to Valdosta and then hit the side roads through Albany, Columbus and on to northeast AL. PM me for contact info if I can help you out.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I've notified some folks in low places that WM will be coming thru Georgia this week.
Expect increased Drone activity and checkpoints along his route.

WM, make sure your shot record and passport are updated before you cross that state line!:papabear:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
...................... I'm making the best of it by delivering some parts to Steve6x6x6 and picking up some rims he has been holding for me. I won't have any room on the way down but we will heading back to Bammer late Sat. (July 7) night ........
I still have one HMMWV tire sitting in Brandon,FL which needs a ride up north. Not sure if that town could be on your route, on the way back??

G.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When are you departing?
We are departing AL early Thursday morning and stopping in Columbus, GA to pick up some stuff to go to Steve6x6x6 and should be in Davie late that night. We will be leaving Davie sometime Saturday night. I was planning on giving you a call while I was down there and letting you buy me lunch.

Bill W

Davie!, my old stomping grounds
I visited there last year and wondered how a ever survived living there, your gonna love driving on I-595

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill, you survived living there because it was 1000 times better than Ft Lauderdale and several million times better than Miami which are all 10,000 times worse than GA.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
WM and BL arrived safely at the CAMO Compound about 09:30hrs bearing some REALLY nice gifts for Zout!!

We downloaded Zout's stuff after BabyBear inspected the truck and cargo and told WM he was good to go (I suspect the food WM gave him sorta helped a little).

Anyhoo...after a few minutes of jaw jacking they left with the trailer racks headed to FL.

(I don't know why there were 2 GSP vehicles sitting outside the compound when they left!!)

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Many thanks to Papa Bear for making the first part of the mission a resounding success (after I got in the right gate). We made a quit stop and headed on down to Hades South. We met Steve6x6x6 at Wildwood and completed the second part of the mission in quick time. We made it on down to Davie with no issues and are camped out with the relatives. There is a change in the return trip, we will be leaving Sunday evening instead of Saturday. If anyone has small items headed north and can meet us on our return route we'll try to help out.

panzerwillie

Well if your free this evening and you want to see some MV'S we meet at the car show in DAVIE at a place call tower shops is on the home depot parking lot university dr and I-595 from 19:00 to about 22:00 if it does not rain come by if you can , here is my cell 305-218-0640 willie

zout

Big thanks to Wm for the swing through CAMO to drop off the supplies and "goodies" for the July 13 extravaganza that will take place. Always a pleasure working and dealing with great folks.

Sure glad I have some big arms to get that gun ring on top when the time comes - aua

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Me and the Boss Lady went out last night and met up with fellow SS member Panzerwillie and some other MV addicts. Tomorrow (Sunday) we are going over to Fred's (he may be a member but doesn't post much) to play with some Green Iron toys. I will have the camera and take pics......Elmo and Ellie Mae are with me.

Bill W

Fred is a super person
Your in for a real treat being at last count he had around 50 vehicles and probably enough spare parts to build 10 more!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
IMG_4077.jpgIMG_4078.jpgIMG_4080.jpgIMG_4082.jpgIMG_4083.jpgWell it's time to post belated pictures of the meeting last Sunday at Fred Perkin's place in Davie, FL. To say that Fred is a collector is an understatement of the highest order. I was stricken with sensory overload as I was led on a guided tour of his compound. He has an eclectic collection of all manner of US and foreign vehicles. The highlights are several tanks, some being restored and some that look like they just came out of a Motor Pool. He also has TWO DUKWs (eat your heart out Clinto), one is a runner and one is awaiting restoration. Panzerwillie was working on one of the tanks and had done a great job on repairing a dual set of radiators. Said tank was being repowered with a CUCV engine that looked up to the task of moving it down the road. Sorry I was tardy posting but the Boss Lady has been working me like a rented mule. The second pic is of Fred (left) and Panzerwillie working on the tanks.