• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Belt part numbers

hannaganscr

A quick question. I have looked at the sticky posts and either I am missing the info or its not there. I am wondering if anyone has the belt part#s for all the belts for the M1028 I am going to use gates belts. Thanks a million.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A couple of things you always have to look out for:

The pullies on the alternators have worn or they have been replaced with smaller units. That makes the belts not fit properly.

The part number info should have been in the CUCV Wiki or the FAQ sticky.

renovate7

Just a note- I had to pull the bolts and tilt the alternator on the drivers side forward to get the new belt on. There was just no way it was going over the pulley.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran into a similar problem, renovate7. I ended up making multiple trips to the auto parts store to get belts that fit without causing me too much pain. My CUCV has a HR-6 A/C compressor installed in the place of the driver's side alternator, so fitting the correct belts took a little experimentation even with using 6.2L factory recommended part numbers. I also learned that Gates belts are definitely different than Dayco belts. From my experience, Dayco belts stretch faster than Gates and need to be adjusted more frequently.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks